GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Question:

Do your windows rattle in the door if you close the door with the window all the way down? I've removed the glass, and window regulator panel a few times and I'm not sure if I've loosened something up, or if I just didn't notice before. It's not a big deal, and seems fairly normal based on how the mechanics work in the door, but I'm a bit curious to know if I should consider shopping for some new parts, or take them apart again and do something else to snug things up.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Question:

Do your windows rattle in the door if you close the door with the window all the way down? I've removed the glass, and window regulator panel a few times and I'm not sure if I've loosened something up, or if I just didn't notice before. It's not a big deal, and seems fairly normal based on how the mechanics work in the door, but I'm a bit curious to know if I should consider shopping for some new parts, or take them apart again and do something else to snug things up.

2 or 4 door?

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
2 or 4 door?
4 door. Closing the doors carefully avoids the issue, but even a firm close (not slam) will rattle the glass. I'm wondering if I wore out the guides that keep the glass on track by messing with it too much. I may need to just pull the doors apart again, and take a closer look.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
4 door. Closing the doors carefully avoids the issue, but even a firm close (not slam) will rattle the glass. I'm wondering if I wore out the guides that keep the glass on track by messing with it too much. I may need to just pull the doors apart again, and take a closer look.

Mine make some noise I think but I don't usually have them all the way down. The guides are most likely just the run channel, no?

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Question:

Mine make some noise I think but I don't usually have them all the way down. The guides are most likely just the run channel, no?
I don't seem to have this issue

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I think the channel is the only think keeping the window in place besides the mounting point to the regulator. I don't think there's anything abnormal going on, I just wanted to see what it was like for the rest of you. I pretty much never have them all the way down either.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Mine also make noise, even if they're only partially down.

Vic_MKVI

Go Kart Newbie
So what mods ~ Black Friday deals are people looking forward to? I’ve haven’t participated for the last 4-5 years due to saving money. But now that I have the means to I am finally looking forward to it. I’m Looking into snagging some racingline stud conversions & maybe some detailing products :D

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
If a rear sway bar goes on sale I'll pick one up.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
If a rear sway bar goes on sale I'll pick one up.
I’ve got the phat APR one, 10/10 good mod. I can’t remember, do you have oem suspension or are you on springs/coils?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
OEM suspension

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
OEM suspension
It’s a great first step. You’ll probably want a full suspension eventually afterwards tho. It exposes just how soft and mushy oem really is.

I’m waiting for those sweet tune sales. Catch me running 8 seconds in the 1/4mi in a month or two lmao

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Probably not getting any car mods, maybe something else
I know a guy selling a 2003 Honda CBR600RR. It’s off-season so I’m sure you could get a good deal on it. Mint, 1 owner bike.