GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The COVID19 SCAMdemic... Biden Moves To Outlaw Acorns, Limit Squirrel Immigration

MagicMK

Drag Racing Champion
Dr. Scott Atlas, MD. Neuroradiologist, Professor, Senior Fellow at Stanford, age 65.
If this guy is not qualified to speak, WHO IS??

Qualified to speak about WHAT? Is a podiatrist qualified to perform brain surgery? Scott Atlas is absolutely NOT an immunologist expert. Why would you seek out somebody who was not an expert in the field of immunology unless you were "doctor shopping" for somebody that agreed with you? Maybe there's a few whacky chiropractors out there that agree with Scott Atlas, as well... but none of them are immunology/virology experts.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Qualified to speak about WHAT? Is a podiatrist qualified to perform brain surgery? Scott Atlas is absolutely NOT an immunologist expert. Why would you seek out somebody who was not an expert in the field of immunology unless you were "doctor shopping" for somebody that agreed with you? Maybe there's a few whacky chiropractors out there that agree with Scott Atlas, as well... but none of them are immunology/virology experts.
It doesn't take much for anyone to become an 'expert' in a field. They simply have to put in the time. Think for yourself. Look at the data, LIKE I HAVE.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
It doesn't take much for anyone to become an 'expert' in a field. They simply have to put in the time. Think for yourself. Look at the data, LIKE I HAVE.
Yeah, just the time and effort it takes to get a PhD and complete a dissertation that you then have to orally defend against your peers. No biggie, anyone can do it.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
That's only in the alternate reality.

Here in the real world Google isn't a medical expert and you picking and choosing which information to acknowledge just makes you sound silly-kins.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
FB_IMG_1601319335157.jpg
FB_IMG_1601166603025.jpg

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Does anyone know anybody that has been seriously ill or died from MUH COVID? That wasn't a senior citizen??

Yes (died). People in their 30's and 40's.
I know many young and middle age people that have been very sick from this.

The issue of death is important but it is not the only impact from this.
I think most who think this is not an issue do not have a large enough circle of contacts, friends or co-workers.
I work on a plant of 1,300 in rural Tennessee. For many months Covid avoided us and most thought similar that the risk was low.
The issue for us is that when a person tests positive they are then out of work for two week. (This can also apply, if anyone in their family gets sick and they have had exposure, positive or not. Manufacturing does not run heavy on people, so having people out unplanned impacts all. The age range in our plant is from 20 to 65 for 99% of the people, so a healthy group normally. We had a spike in July/August but we are still having people out on a regular schedule.

For those who feel the government should not tell you what to do, talk with your grandparents and if alive your great grand parents who lived through the depression or WW2. During these times many were told how much they could buy, when they could buy gas, etc. In the war many were told what they would do, as in serving in the Military. Many were asked to help collect supplies for the war. Many worked overtime with no option to turn down the time.

The goal is control.
With no vaccine, the only option is to control.
Unchecked this will spread.
Some think they are immune after having but I do not think this is 100% known.

Yes, the Flu is bad but if I go to a funeral and one person has a cold, 10-12 people at the funeral will not automatically get sick.
If one person has covid, then often 10-12 will get it.

In my office of 15 people, 2 have had it this year. Both are under 25. Both said it was not fun and worse than any flu/cold they have ever had, taking weeks to fully get over. Both missed weeks of work.

But say what you want, this is America.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes (died). People in their 30's and 40's.
I know many young and middle age people that have been very sick from this.

The issue of death is important but it is not the only impact from this.
I think most who think this is not an issue do not have a large enough circle of contacts, friends or co-workers.
I work on a plant of 1,300 in rural Tennessee. For many months Covid avoided us and most thought similar that the risk was low.
The issue for us is that when a person tests positive they are then out of work for two week. (This can also apply, if anyone in their family gets sick and they have had exposure, positive or not. Manufacturing does not run heavy on people, so having people out unplanned impacts all. The age range in our plant is from 20 to 65 for 99% of the people, so a healthy group normally. We had a spike in July/August but we are still having people out on a regular schedule.

For those who feel the government should not tell you what to do, talk with your grandparents and if alive your great grand parents who lived through the depression or WW2. During these times many were told how much they could buy, when they could buy gas, etc. In the war many were told what they would do, as in serving in the Military. Many were asked to help collect supplies for the war. Many worked overtime with no option to turn down the time.

The goal is control.
With no vaccine, the only option is to control.
Unchecked this will spread.
Some think they are immune after having but I do not think this is 100% known.

Yes, the Flu is bad but if I go to a funeral and one person has a cold, 10-12 people at the funeral will not automatically get sick.

In my office of 15 people, 2 have had it this year. Both are under 25. Both said it was not fun and worse than any flu/cold they have ever had, taking weeks to fully get over. Both missed weeks of work.

But say what you want, this is America.

I liked what you said about WW2. That's why they call the people from then the greatest generation.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Yeah, just the time and effort it takes to get a PhD and complete a dissertation that you then have to orally defend against your peers. No biggie, anyone can do it.
There are some pretty stupid doctors out there, I've met them. PhD doesn't mean JACK. You could be one too, just costs $$$$$$ to get through school.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
There are some pretty stupid doctors out there, I've met them. PhD doesn't mean JACK. You could be one too, just costs $$$$$$ to get through school.
Very true. Which is why science has a peer review portion, you must present your work, findings, and method to be reviewed by others in the field. Which is why getting set facts from studies takes time and so many things are unfolding right now. Screaming that there is conflict must mean we're being lied to is just ignorant of the entire scientific process.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
This is not accurate. Not everyone gets the COVID. My wife was coughed on IN THE FACE by someone who had it, she never got sick. 10 out 11 do not develop symptoms. I'm not saying people don't get sick, like your coworkers. So they missed a couple weeks of work, they should sue China. I assume they are both back and 'healthy' though that term is relative. Not everyone takes care of themselves.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Screaming that there is conflict must mean we're being lied to is just ignorant of the entire scientific process.
Wrong. There are conflicts and coverups all the time. Whistleblowers end up dead. I would say the transparency of what's going is more important any virus.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
This is not accurate. Not everyone gets the COVID. My wife was coughed on IN THE FACE by someone who had it, she never got sick. 10 out 11 do not develop symptoms. I'm not saying people don't get sick, like your coworkers. So they missed a couple weeks of work, they should sue China. I assume they are both back and 'healthy' though that term is relative. Not everyone takes care of themselves.
Just curious. How do you know the person coughing on her was a positive covid case? Wait.. if 10 out of 11 don't develop symptoms, does that mean they can spread it asymptomatically?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Wrong. There are conflicts and coverups all the time. Whistleblowers end up dead. I would say the transparency of what's going is more important any virus.
... What more transparency do you want? The back and forth is proof that people are releasing knee jerk studies right out of the gate. We're looking into it and studying the effects.

Is there something being hidden from us?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Look at how these people enrich themselves, whether is millionaire politicians on a civil servant salary, or lobbyists getting kickbacks. Many doctors are 'endorsed' or compensated for signing off on whatever the pharmaceutical companies tell them to do. Complicit.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Just curious. How do you know the person coughing on her was a positive covid case? Wait.. if 10 out of 11 don't develop symptoms, does that mean they can spread it asymptomatically?
The lady was tested and hospitalized. My wife was also tested. This was a couple weeks ago.