VW GTI
Hundreds of farmers as pissed as I am.
https://www.oann.com/minn-farmers-protest-governors-covid-restrictions/
farmers.jpg

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Because the governor is disrespecting humanity.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
It's usually the super Merica people that I see disrespecting the flag so often 🤦‍♂️. Have you even read the rules of the flag?!?

Governor is playing it safe. People are making it political when it isn't.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car

First of all, good god are you actually citing OAN?!? 🤣

Second, get in the car and drive around the out state areas of MN, there’s a whole lot less Trump stuff up than 2016, I promise you this. I think some is those farmers are finally seeing their livelihoods drifting away at the hands of republican backed big farming (Monsanto, et.al), while they vote against the very people that pump billions into their basically worthless crops. If it were not for subsidized corn and soy those same MAGA farmers wouldn’t have a pot to piss in. Many are learning quick.

But, yeah, keep believing the “media” outlet that only speaks with Trump’s arm up their ass and his hand moving their mouth.

Now let’s pick apart this protest as reported in OAN’s finest dribble. Since you know it’s people sticking it to the man.

Every year a private party in Wadena puts on a rodeo like event called the Nimrod Bull Bash. Since the 1970s the COUNTY has required event permits to be authorized 90 days prior to an event of this size (Greater than 1500 attendees). The guy that puts it on hasn’t applied nor received a permit to put on the event, ever, like once. He does so because he grossly under reports the size of the event. Well, this year in the wake is COVID and greater regulation by government, along with threats by the county commission, he finally applied for his permit. Now, on his permit application he omitted some key information with regards to medical, sanitation, and you guessed it, anticipated crowd size. He also didn’t have any of this worked out by the 90 day cut-off. Because he was/is not in possession of his permit, because of his own inaction, he had a tantrum and said it’s the government infringing on his rights. So he spun up the usual idiots, and made it a COVID/Trump thing.

While the protest is calling for the governor to lessen restrictions and crying about their rights, it has ZERO to do with COVID. Conversely, it has everything to do with some guy trying to make a buck and flippantly violate well established law and requirements for said event. This event is notorious for not having enough sanitation (portapotties) in place to handle the crowds. That is, if you order in enough crappers to cover more than 1500 people, maybe the 2500-3k that show, then you are admitting you expect more than 1500 people, and require a permit you refused to get. Rather people just shit and piss in the city and county parks, leave trash everywhere, and generally cost the city/county money to clean it up.

But, if OAN wants you to believe that the state is shutting them down for COVID, well then who am I to argue with that?

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
So what you're saying is the positive case number is INFLATED and the percentage infected is EVEN LESS?!

Not at all what I said, but you don't have the intelligence or intellectual honesty to understand.

6 months from now, when the country is in the depths is a depression, and we're closing on half a million deaths, you and the feable minded like you, will be to blame. Masks to reduce the spread of a respiratory borne illness shouldn't be controversial.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You guys are still using inaccurate test numbers for the DENOMINATOR.
Experts estimate 30% of us had the virus, that was weeks ago. Many have no symptoms, they never get tested. All we know for sure is population size and total deaths, which is statistically very low. Also COVID is not even in the top 100 causes of death. All the knee jerk reactions to this are absurd. Old people die, this happens EVERY YEAR.

You could have left off that last sentence. 😂

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
6 months later... 'we're early into the pandemic.' BULLSHIT. It's a flu, the season is over. We have been trending down last 30 days.
To hell with contact tracing, testing, compliance. There is a nefarious reason behind all 3.
Reality is, we are NOT looking at lots of dead Americans. Only elderly. Every year.
We have effective treatments, and the FDA blocks them. Intravenous Vitamin C for example. While they promote many drugs that cause renal failure.
View attachment 183786

Intravenous Vitamin C is an excellent treatment but since the pharmaceutical industry controls health care in the US intravenous vitamin C treatment isn't covered by insurance. Nebulized hydrogen peroxide is another treatment that's highly effective with viral respiratory infections.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Not at all what I said, but you don't have the intelligence or intellectual honesty to understand.

6 months from now, when the country is in the depths is a depression, and we're closing on half a million deaths, you and the feable minded like you, will be to blame. Masks to reduce the spread of a respiratory borne illness shouldn't be controversial.

I agree that masks shouldn't be controversial with regards to a respiratory illness but disagree that there will be 500,000 deaths in the US from Covid. And if the US continues to trend downwards in new cases we won't have a depression.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I agree that masks shouldn't be controversial with regards to a respiratory illness but disagree that there will be 500,000 deaths in the US from Covid. And if the US continues to trend downwards in new cases we won't have a depression.

I don't care what you agree with. 32% drop in GDP is a depression and schools reopening are the new super spreaders. We'll be lucky to have only half a million dead. Again, 6% of the population has had Covid 19 and 174,000 are dead. Even if the rate of infection slows, we'll be lucky to stay under that.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6

He says WHEN THIS THING GETS GOING like nothing has happened yet. He's been saying it, almost half the states are trending downward. He thinks all the boot lickers outside his bubble are running around with no mask, sharing beer bongs and banging their cousins while wearing maga hats lol