GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Garages of golfmk7.com: picture thread

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
oddspyke - Congrats on the new garage build.

As for new projects in my garage, I'm going to have an air conditioner installed this summer. My garage is small at about 800-850sq ft so I hope I can get away with one of those wall mount units with fan outside instead of a full blown AC system.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
oddspyke - Congrats on the new garage build.

As for new projects in my garage, I'm going to have an air conditioner installed this summer. My garage is small at about 800-850sq ft so I hope I can get away with one of those wall mount units with fan outside instead of a full blown AC system.

Small? 850sqft is a 4 car garage!

Yes, you should be able to do a wall / ceiling unit. Just make sure your walls and doors are insulated or you'll be paying a fortune to run it.

Check out Mitsubishi's website, they make really cool systems. You can do multiple vent units with a single condensing unit too. Plus, low profile ceiling units.

https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Thanks, oddspyke! I will inquire about the Mitsubishi units.

The walls and doors are insulated well, but I feel heat from the roof which helps heat the garage during the winter.. so this might work against me in the summer. I don't need the garage super cool, just dry and like 70-72F is fine on the hottest days.

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Apparently I tend to run hotter than most people for some reason.. heat and humidity is just not my thing.
I got an email from Mitsubishi that an installer in my area will be in touch with me soon. Looking forward to it.
I grew up in Florida and the heat didn't bother me, but after 16 years in Wisconsin I prefer 68° year round. When visiting my sister in Florida I feel cooked in her house with the AC set at 76

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
My old house of 14 years:
wx_camera_1506695246458.jpg

20180102_184927.jpg
20180204_134452.jpg
20180202_144054.jpg

Was time to move....🤣