GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
...or you could say that with less surface area it will get dirty faster, because the rate of crap hasn't changed but the surface area which it needs to cover is smaller :)

I'm not sure I'd call these engines particularly dirty. You're right though, it's just an engine, and there's no magic going on...stock plugs, stock gap, and with more boost reduce the service interval, the car will run fine.

Yup. Your engine will be perfectly happy with any plug that meets specification.

Further technology really only affects non-performance factors. Pick your compromise and be happy. They all provide benefits, and they all work just fine.

Not a single one of those companies has any mysteriously superior mastery of electromagnetism.

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
I had OEM Plugs with my APR stage 2 now for 50k miles without issue.
I was thinking about trying RS7 plugs, but I might to stick to the OEM since they been good thus far.
Would RS7 plugs last just as long?
I would imagine so. I guess you're not pushing the car hard if stock plugs are working for you with that tune.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
I'm gonna be trying these:
NGK Ruthenium HX 95125 with a .024 gap
At SEMA talking to the NGK people they were like..."you want the Ruthenium", but..... "nope the Ruthenium", well I was thinking....."trust me, try the Ruthenium" So for $32 for all 4, I'm gonna try the Ruthenium :p

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I'm gonna be trying these:
NGK Ruthenium HX 95125 with a .024 gap
At SEMA talking to the NGK people they were like..."you want the Ruthenium", but..... "nope the Ruthenium", well I was thinking....."trust me, try the Ruthenium" So for $32 for all 4, I'm gonna try the Ruthenium :p

That's the one that I'm getting next based on Diggs recommendation. Great price too.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'm running the rutheniums right now and they have been great. As far as knock retard or timing being pulled during WOT pulls, they are right on par with RS7 and Brisk Silver plugs. The brisk might be a LITTLE better in my experience so far. I am changing to NGK Race plugs today though based on Ed @ EQT recommendation for the tuning session he will be doing on my car. Not sure they will be any better than what's out there already though but fuck it... we'll see.

joneze93tsi

Passed Driver's Ed
+1 For Ruth's...
Probably 10K+ and now on EQT Stage2 and no knock and the car idles better than ever.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I'm runnin the Ruthies as well since the price was right. I've no complaints and they held up well at the fall HPDE.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Direct from NGK. Got a free tshirt last time. It's really soft.

I put the part number in their search bar and it said no results. So I clicked on their Ruthenium banner and it only showed me places to buy them and none of the places they said had them. I used the number listed a few posts back. HX95125.