GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can't stop, won't stop - finally my build

Navi

Autocross Champion
holy shamwow absolutely LOVE This build. cool how this VW reminds me so much of the new porsche Gt2 RS , subtle but also a whole lot of agressive "fuck yeah" fast attitude also

thanks for the compliment

Navi

Autocross Champion
Picked up a mini lift finally. Been wanting a quick jack for awhile but happened on this. This fit my needs better

Random wheel pics

Had to put on these stickers for a photo shoot that a company wanted :( Hate stickers.

Had an O2 sensor saga that took about 2 weeks of different spacers to finally pass inspection. I'm an expert on oxygen sensors now. Mastered 3 different CEL codes relating to downpipes. And this was all with an AWE downpipe... which is only CEL free guarantee for the first year!!! I should have read the fine print. Not sure it's worth the money. Used VW OEM hot paste and the closest crush washer I could find to the VW one which was a GM crush washer lol.

Tried many spacers

Figured out the best tools for installing and removing o2 sensor 12 times:

I wanted to remove the silica gel bag from the coolant reservoir but could not really get to it in a way where I felt I could pull it out without ripping it so I figured I would just replace the whole reservoir. Turns out the newest revision has a different set up and baffling inside so you can not even remove the silica bag but the bag is enclosed in plastic so that it can not get into the coolant. Very trick design. Also the newer revision is made in Italy versus the one on my car that was made in Mexico.

I may or may not have remembered to clean out the air filter at the last two oil changes. I have two and I usually swap a clean one at each oil change, then clean and dry the one I took out so that it's ready for the next oil change but I've been slacking.

Also been slacking with sending in oil analysis

I have been running the Brisk spark plugs but decided to switch it up because... japan

Last edited:

Navi

Autocross Champion
Decided to get all the tools and equipment that I've been holding off on to complete my garage setup. And a big ass battery.

Group pic before I sold the Advan RZ-F2. Sad day :(
But replaced them with something else that should be here by March

Love this lift

Wanted to insulate my oil cooler lines a little more. I was constantly checking them for fraying because of where they rub against the frame of the car. My old lines had frayed through the nylon and the rubber was rubbing on the frame. Last thing I want is oil to leak and pressure to drop. Latest modification to the oil lines should be good to go for a long time.

Added some weapons for all the shit drivers in NY. Do not mind the dirty car. Quick picture before an interior detailing. Was too dark to take a picture after.

Did I mention I love this lift?

Future projects: Ethanol and rear door kessy

Navi

Autocross Champion
What was final spacer configuration that worked?

the one I didn't take a pic of lol. This thing was such a pain in the ass. With no spacer I was getting the cat inefficiency code. With the 42 draft designs spacer, I was getting the delayed rich to lean code. With the vibrant spacer I was getting the same delayed rich to lean code. So then I tried an o2 spacer that was modified and welded by my friend who is a mechanic and that ended up throwing a code for too rich (without the lean delay). So what I figured out was that the cat is working as opposed to someone running a catless configuration. Even though my cat was working, it was not as efficient as a stock cat. I have a feeling the palladium and rhodium in the 200 cell HJS cat had degraded so much over time that the cat wasn't getting hot enough to be efficient. So when I used the vibrant or 42 draft design spacers, they were taking the o2 sensor TOO far out of the exhaust flow. So then I tried the o2 sensor with 3 copper washers to space it just a little. This proved to be not enough because I was back where I started with a cat inefficiency code. So then I bought a spark plug defouler and drilled it out. This is what worked. I have provided those extra pictures below. Basically you have to go off of the engine codes and figure out if you need more or less exhaust flow to hit the sensor. I would imagine this is true for all gesi and HJS cats that are more than a year old.

This is the spacer my friend made. It's actually really cool. He said he's never had a car fail with it and couldn't figure out why my car failed with it. I kept trying to tell him that it was because the design he made was better for catless configuration since it keeps the gas pooled around the sensor. He couldn't understand that the hjs cat does work, but right on the edge of not good enough. Breathing through this spacer was like having asthma. Just two small holes almost pinhole in size to move air.

Then I tried the three crush washers which wasn't enough

Then I bought these two. The first one is an spark plug defouler which has to be drilled out for an o2 sensor to fit. This is what worked, and how I passed. The one on the right of it is a vibrant spacer made for an o2 sensor. I never got to try it because the spark plug defouler worked. I have a feeling the straight vibrant spacer might have worked because it keeps the sensor closer to the exhaust flow than the j curve vibrant spacer. I guess i'll never know, but now I own 4 different spacers lol.