GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse rake

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Doesnt sit too bad, as of right now. Going to let it settle a bit before i make any decisions lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Ya I do like them (can't compare them to any other spring), almost a year on them. Where in PA are you located?

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Ya I do like them (can't compare them to any other spring), almost a year on them. Where in PA are you located?
Awesome, if you've been rocking them for a year and still like them, that's Good thing.

I'm from central pa.. about an hour north of Harrisburg

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Awesome, if you've been rocking them for a year and still like them, that's Good thing.

I'm from central pa.. about an hour north of Harrisburg

I see youre a philly guy. Im anout 2 hours from there. Im there a few times a year for games, and plus, the motorsports show. (We own a sprint car) i races professionally for about 21 years before an accident knocked me down a few pegs lol career and family are numero uno now.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Nice man. Any other mods you got or planning on? Sorry, not trying change the subject of the thread

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Nice man. Any other mods you got or planning on? Sorry, not trying change the subject of the thread
Nope, you're good man. I only had it for about 2 weeks. Just hit 500 miles lol i just have a res delete, drop in k&n, removed snow blockers, tint, plus lamin-x when the weather breaks. I just ordered a flush kit, turbo muffler delete, boomba racing shift adapter, turbo inlet pipe, and the jb4.

Here's a pic of it on the springs

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Looks great man. How you like the visor tint? Been thinking about getting one, already have my windows tinted at 20%

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
Looks great man. How you like the visor tint? Been thinking about getting one, already have my windows tinted at 20%
Thanks man, I've been tinting for years and no matter what, a tint job isnt complete without it loli have 20% all around and a 5% strip

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I have the EMD springs as well on my 2015 GTI S with DSG. I decided to install the reverse rake pads, but not until after I installed a hitch on the back of my car. The added weight of the hitch, bike rack, and bike was making the rear squat just a bit too much. With the pads, it's pretty level now when loaded and not too raked without the bike rack and bike.

P.s. I'm originally from northwestern PA, but didn't want to deal with Winter anymore haha.

You can read more and see some other photos in my journal thread here:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31565

Springs only before the hitch was installed:

Springs with hitch installed:

Springs with hitch and EMD reverse rake pads installed (I got them for $35 shipped from Jay at FAS Tuning, can't recommend him enough):

Springs, EMD reverse rake pads, hitch, bike rack, and bike on the car:

Recchione04

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen GTI
I have the EMD springs as well on my 2015 GTI S with DSG. I decided to install the reverse rake pads, but not until after I installed a hitch on the back of my car. The added weight of the hitch, bike rack, and bike was making the rear squat just a bit too much. With the pads, it's pretty level now when loaded and not too raked without the bike rack and bike.

P.s. I'm originally from northwestern PA, but didn't want to deal with Winter anymore haha.

You can read more and see some other photos in my journal thread here:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31565

Springs only before the hitch was installed:

Springs with hitch installed:

Springs with hitch and EMD reverse rake pads installed (I got them for $35 shipped from Jay at FAS Tuning, can't recommend him enough):

Springs, EMD reverse rake pads, hitch, bike rack, and bike on the car:
Beautiful ride, man. So far, mine sits nice. What happens when they settle, I'm not sure. I don't sre it getting worse. I'm usually a coilover kind of guy, but werent a different route this time. Northwestern, pa is way worse in winter than central so i don't blame you one bit lol

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Beautiful ride, man. So far, mine sits nice. What happens when they settle, I'm not sure. I don't sre it getting worse. I'm usually a coilover kind of guy, but werent a different route this time. Northwestern, pa is way worse in winter than central so i don't blame you one bit lol

Yeah my MK7 has almost no rust under it, whereas my MKV that I had while living up there was a disaster haha.

waterhead71

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'15 GTI Autobahn
One thing I've noticed, at least on a few German cars, is the wheel opening on the front fenders is cut differently to possibly allow better clearance for turning the wheels. So your car could be perfectly level but the fenders look off which give the illusion of reverse rake.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
One thing I've noticed, at least on a few German cars, is the wheel opening on the front fenders is cut differently to possibly allow better clearance for turning the wheels. So your car could be perfectly level but the fenders look off which give the illusion of reverse rake.

This is correct. I recommend that if you're lowering for looks to not get too caught up in fender to hub measurements or anything similar. Just go for the visual presence.

For example, here are some of my measurements from hub center to the top of the fender arch. The car appeared very level, but didn't measure that way due to the way the fenders are arched.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
A buddy is installing them with me so if i need something before hand, i can go buy it. I don't usually rock springs, I'm a static kind of guy. Sorry.

Static, or stock? Static implies your suspension stays the same, ie. not on air ride