GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

white silver metallic vs pure white GTI

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
If the choices were White Silver or Pure White, I'd choose Pure White.

Initially, I really liked White Silver in the photos and videos I'd seen. Then I saw a White Silver Golf in the flesh and agree with angelsfanswa, it looked as if the car had been primered but VW had forgotten to apply the colour coat.

Some will love it but I'm afraid it's not for me. I guess it's good we don't all like the same thing, otherwise we'd all be driving identical cars in the same colour.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Purely white is the only choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
I have pure white, but liking that new white silver thing. Closest thing vw offers to the nardo grey.

I've owned nothing but white cars because it's a fav when it comes to selecting but when I was shopping for a 17' GTi I remember seeing the Jetta GLIs being offered in white silver and loved it. It's a great choice and the closest to nardo grey.

If they offered the 17' GTi in the white silver color I would have had that instead of the Pure White.

angelsfanswa

Passed Driver's Ed
Try replacing it with a black car, then get back to us about which one looks dirtier faster.

No joke! I had a black car once. It looks great with chrome trim for the few seconds after washing before a dust-filled breeze hits it. Or maybe a summer thunder shower creates little dust dots all over. White fares much better in these cases with silver being the king of hiding dirt of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmasse

Passed Driver's Ed
I just traded a pure white for white silver and couldn’t be happier. The DG springs and Pretoria’s help too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Go for a drive, or to a VW meet 99% of the GTIs are Pure White, 99.9% are Pure White 4 doors. If I had to choose between these colors I'd go with the White Silver, it looks amazing in the flesh. Not a fan of Pure White at all.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I love my pure white GTI, especially with the red badging and when I wrap the mirrors black I think it'll be gorgeous.

JD-1

Ready to race!
Would get White Silver. Like another poster said everyone has pure white.