GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Central Texas MkV thread

EL PAALO

FWD FTL
Welcome to the boards EL PAALO,

I bought from Hewlett. Smoothest new car purchase I've ever had. I did my shopping via internet. Maund wanted too much for the same exact cars every time. AutoMax in Killeen handed me off to some young kid who could not return a phone call when he promised he would to save his life.

I dealt with Robin Branham at Hewlett. Tell him I sent you and said that he would take good care of you. Let us know how it goes whatever you end up doing.

Cheers,
Alex
Thanks. That was the next dealership I was going to check.
Went and test drove at Rod East in San Antonio a few days ago and dealt with Dado Rosic who was great, but a good salesman doesn't necessarily say what the dealership is like. They didn't have much stock either.

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
So, driving home from work yesterday I saw two GTIs. I was heading North on MoPac and traffic was worse than usual. I'm crawling in the left lane and notice I'm catching up to a CW GTI in the right lane. It's sporting some Huffs and I notice that the front driver's side one has some circular scrapes from where it was probably scraped along a curb. The sight made me cringe. You know traffic is bad if you can spot scrapes on rims two lanes over.

Anyway, I fought my way further North through the traffic and came upon several cars and a cop car in the grassy center median. Among those was a Black Magic GTI. I didn't notice any damage, but I was not going to slow down and rubber neck either.

Hope all you Austinites and your GTIs are doing well. I was just glad to make it home unscathed. I wasn't feeling good karma (or should I say "car"-ma).

Cheers,
Alex

scubad22

rice eater
Car(s)
MKV
hey hey

i am a CW GTi owner living in austin for 8 months now
i think we all need tohave a gtg some time soon or have a breafast run some sunday morning
oh i live in willemson county and work in Pfluger vill at sub sonic car stereo

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
Hi scubad22,

A breakfast run some Sunday morning sounds like a great idea. I probably couldn't make this Sunday, but the next couple of Sundays are possibilities. Anyone else interested? I'd love to photograph a group of MkVs.

BTW scubad22, what do you do at Sub Sonic Audio & Security?

Cheers,
Alex

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
An '08 would be cool. 15mm drop? Nice.

BTW, have you spoken with Robin at Hewlett? Without knowing what Gordon and Elvis at Maund were offering me, Robin consistently beat it.

jltx

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen several GTIs around town--all colors. Twice I've seen a UG GTI around my neighborhood. Are any of you on this forum?

Cheers,
Alex

I'm the GTI in Great Hills that you see. I have a VAGCOM if you need a code change. Send me email since I don't check here often.

EL PAALO

FWD FTL
An '08 would be cool. 15mm drop? Nice.

BTW, have you spoken with Robin at Hewlett? Without knowing what Gordon and Elvis at Maund were offering me, Robin consistently beat it.
I spoke with Robin before Elvis. Robin's deal was not nearly as good. I was going to go back to Robin to see if he could match the deal on the car that was sold at maund since he still has basically the same car, but since I found out the '08 is dropping some, I'll just wait another month.

scubad22

rice eater
Car(s)
MKV
hey

i am an installer at sub sonic
i am down for a breakfast run on any sunday i just want to see what mkv are out there in austin

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
I spoke with Robin before Elvis. Robin's deal was not nearly as good. I was going to go back to Robin to see if he could match the deal on the car that was sold at maund since he still has basically the same car, but since I found out the '08 is dropping some, I'll just wait another month.

Good deal. I waited several months to get just what I wanted. Get what you want, and don't settle for less. :thumbsup:

I wonder if the '08s have the European spec springs. I'd like a slight drop on my '07, but would like to use OEM parts. I've seen conflicting info here and on vwvortex about the height of later '07s and if Euro springs would drop it any further. Early '07 and all '06 are definitely higher than Euro spec.

EL PAALO

FWD FTL
Well, Elvis took care of me and found another car which actually worked out better since it's a late '07 it has the ipod in the center instead of the glove box.

Proud new owner of a bone stock UG GTI on denvers (and was in traffic on i35 with another UG with pack 1 or 2 from central austin to south). :)

Turbo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 GTI
VERY cool! Congrats on the new UG GTI. Did you get a 3 door or a 5 door? We'll have to have a GTG.