GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Traded for a '12 Mustang GT

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Just did an oil change. Ford engineers were not as friendly as VW engineers in regards to the placement of the oil filter. It's at the bottom of the motor. Not convenient like the top placement on the GTI.

Also having to use 8 quarts is a first for me. I've never owned a V8 before.

There's also a feature on the manuals called Skip Shift. From what I've read Ford added it to meet CAFE standards. What it does is makes you shift from 1st to 4th when you're granny shifting at low speed. There's certain criteria that has to be met for it to activate which I'm not solid on the details. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. It catches me off guard when it happens. I didn't like it much. So to remedy that I had to disconnect the skip shift solenoid on the tranny and covered up the ends. No more skip shift thank goodness.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
8 quarts... damn how long is that OCI?

My corvette with 5.7 liters of displacement only took 6 quarts.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
10k but I'll do it every 5k at the latest. Depends on how I've been driving it during that period.

Isn't that why Ford made the oil pan such a high capacity...

Porsche did the same thing I think they have something like 10 quarts for 15k OCI.

How are the blackstone reports coming back after 10k?

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Isn't that why Ford made the oil pan such a high capacity...

Porsche did the same thing I think they have something like 10 quarts for 15k OCI.

How are the blackstone reports coming back after 10k?

Never had a report done. I drive less than 1000miles/month so by the time I hit 5k it's close to a 5month span anyways.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Never had a report done. I drive less than 1000miles/month so by the time I hit 5k it's close to a 5month span anyways.

So why does it matter that it is 5 months?

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Noice ride.

*sigh*

The mustang I owned might be the only ride I truly miss. If I didn't have such a long commute and didn't have to deal with winter weather, I would've considered it when I bought the GTI.

Damn good bang for your buck. Good luck with it.