Peloquin LSD
USP shift forks

Made in Canada / Assembled in Canada:
HPA core mount

I'll play...

crew219

Banned
I'll play...

You know the bulk of what HPA sells comes from HGP in europe right? Where HGP has their products made . . . who knows.

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI
You know the bulk of what HPA sells comes from HGP in europe right? Where HGP has their products made . . . who knows.

You mean that stamp that says "Made in Canada" is a lie?!?!?! :eek::p

crew219

Banned
You mean that stamp that says "Made in Canada" is a lie?!?!?! :eek::p

Lots of companies lie. They lie because there's no one policing them. Look at AWE's catalog. Almost everything there is from china yet they still make claims as to them being produced in the US.

edit: just saw that you were referring to their subframe mount and not an intercooler. Yeah that is probably made in canada. Poly is inexpensive to work with.

As for the rest of their line, take a look:
http://www.hgp-turbo.de/vw/r32_5.html
http://www.hgp-turbo.de/vw/golf6r20.html

Dave

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
:rolleyes:
Lots of companies lie. They lie because there's no one policing them. Look at AWE's catalog. Almost everything there is from china yet they still make claims as to them being produced in the US.

Dave

Are you getting on any other threads about all of these companies lying like you are with Forge?

JoeVDub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VOLKSWAGEN GTI

edit: just saw that you were referring to their subframe mount and not an intercooler. Yeah that is probably made in canada. Poly is inexpensive to work with.

Dave

I have to admit, you're information and resources amazes me. I'm glad you're on this forum.

crew219

Banned
:rolleyes:

Are you getting on any other threads about all of these companies lying like you are with Forge?

You're bitter aren't you Ryan?

50+ emails of you digging up all the dirt on Forge, only to be swept under the rug because you decided to keep the kit. Where's your integrity?

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion

Dave

So when I do the tour at AWE's facility tonight during their Spring BBQ and they have DP parts and welders laying around, should I ask who in china does their machining, bending, welding etc?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Not at all, I'm actually very thankful for your help. We went back and forth and searched and found similar looking kits produced in China. Yes we found EuroSport with the same exact kit, I still haven't received an answer from Forge on that. Could Forge and EuroSport have the same supplier? Yes but could Forge produce for EuroSport? I don't have that answer although I know what you think. Do I go with what EuroSport told me about Forge's kit's being made in China? It's Forge vs. EuroSport and I have no resolution other than what they tell me. Forge provided pictures of the CNC machines making the calipers, in general the pictures still don't show where they are located.

We have not found conclusive proof of the alleged Chinese company that produces these kits. I will not deny that you and I talked off forums, on the phone and via email. I rather enjoyed our conversations and you gave me great advice in general about the aftermarket suppliers and industry, info that you trusted me with.

You said you knew the exact company that produced these kits, I searched but could not find them, you won't/can't tell me the exact supplier, I had to go with what I got from Forge being they are the company I bought the kit from. Unless you tell me what am I to do?

Either way, moral of the story is Chinese made products are made everywhere. There are good products and bad products. I love blogging and providing write-ups on my project car then talking to people on the threads for any products. What I should have done was do a build thread and list all of this info vs. trying to share the info I collected and summarized for everyone who wanted to compare different BBK kits for their braking upgrade needs.

Of course my reviews are positive out of the gate, they are brand new. I described the changes in feel and braking more than anything then provided information above and beyond what many other brake companies have provided for the public. You saw the list of questions I sent to Forge and you can't say I tried to do my homework and provide ALL of the information I could find. As for your South Bend comment, I came back and posted this problem publicly. I'm working out a replacement then will circle back to all initial write-ups to post the problems, resolutions and testing. Need to find the cash now to get the clutch removed, mailed back, fixed then re-installed to recap everything at once.

Do the brakes work? Yes, have you tested them long term to say they are bad? Did you take a chance on a company's product?

Have they been tested on various vehicles? Yes, Forge provided feedback on their cars in addition to a GolfMK5 and GolfMK6 owner.

Do we know how long they will last? No, I took a shot to try something different than the mainstream. Brembo = Chinese outsourced, why so much focus on the Forge product? Because they are not mainstream and proven yet? What if I prove that they hold up?

I'm not trying to go on and on and argue, I'm not out to prove anything, Forge could chime in and comment on the China vs. UK manufacturing, I posted what they told me which is all I have in terms of resources.

Bender1

Banned
So when I do the tour at AWE's facility tonight during their Spring BBQ and they have DP parts and welders laying around, should I ask who in china does their machining, bending, welding etc?

Yup. And when you go during the day and see guys there doing it it is because they dosed you with LSD when you walked in the door.

crew219

Banned

Right . . . parts.

They purchase pre-welded parts and then they weld those prefabbed parts together in-house. It's not practical to bring in a fully welded exhaust for packaging reasons.

Why do you think their exhausts are a mixture of MIG and TIG welds?

Dave

crew219

Banned
Yup. And when you go during the day and see guys there doing it it is because they dosed you with LSD when you walked in the door.

Come on Paul, surely you've seen the vast long history of AWE bringing in parts (in high frequency and quantity) from China from suppliers like Autobahn88. If you haven't, I'm sure Zach can provide you with the .pdfs. They usually bring the parts in under 3 different company names.

Dave