GOLFMKV

GTI MKVII to have 260bhp!

HangAWang

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 Fahrenheit GTI #2
Here is the link. Saw it on autoblog.

http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/JYrc2nKltU0/

If this ends up being the case I'm so glad I held out and not dropped cash on the R. Although, I know they are competing for different markets. Way to step up the game VW. Now all we need is pricing.

Oh and VW, please make HID xenon headlights standard again.

Last edited:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Epic interior... :laugh:

Glad to see it'll get a 2.0 vs the 1.8.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Probably $30k starting.

:lol:

Given how cheap most other VW models have gotten stateside. No way in hell.

But you can bet your ass we will get the same feature stripped models as before.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
k04?
ValveLift?
FSI-TSI?
By the way,the VAQ sounds awesome in comparison to the XDS,good option!! Pretty much this a Revoknuckle VDub version,similar to the ford one on the RS. I like it!

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
wowzers... good stuff.

GTITX1

Ready to race!
If anything, this just goes to further enforce that Stage 1 tunes are completely safe for engine internals...of course this is assuming the don't really change much about the 2.0T, but I am guessing they are basically just turning up the boost, or using the K04 stock.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
If anything, this just goes to further enforce that Stage 1 tunes are completely safe for engine internals...of course this is assuming the don't really change much about the 2.0T, but I am guessing they are basically just turning up the boost, or using the K04 stock.

How do you figure that... not much is known about this new engine except for the size.

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
if things look good when it arrives, i'm definitely going to get the mk7 golf R.

Bino

Go Kart Champion
Quad exhaust tips in some pictures and dual exhaust tips in others. I guess there two different cars. As far as the radio is that a pull out like back in the days :laugh: I know it's a mule but wow.

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
Mk6 to mk7 Conversion check list.
What you will need…
1. Wave tech LSD
2. K04 turbo, with low-pressure file.
3. Bushwhacker fender flairs, these little gems can be purchased through Summit racing, look for jeep wrangler fitment.
4. Quad exhausts tips with trailer hitch and tow ball.
5. Aluminum look 3M vinyl for roof. For the floor boards one can use the diamond plate aluminum pieces found out the local hardware store, (see Paul Walkers Fast and the Curios Eclipse GS for fitment pointers)
6. As for car audio, give your best Mexican friend a six-pack of beer and let him try to steal your deck, once the job is 80% complete threaten to call the cops with a straight face.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Mk6 to mk7 Conversion check list.
What you will need…
1. Wave tech LSD
2. K04 turbo, with low-pressure file.
3. Bushwhacker fender flairs, these little gems can be purchased through Summit racing, look for jeep wrangler fitment.
4. Quad exhausts tips with trailer hitch and tow ball.
5. Aluminum look 3M vinyl for roof. For the floor boards one can use the diamond plate aluminum pieces found out the local hardware store, (see Paul Walkers Fast and the Curios Eclipse GS for fitment pointers)
6. As for car audio, give your best Mexican friend a six-pack of beer and let him try to steal your deck, once the job is 80% complete threaten to call the cops with a straight face.
:laugh: Spot on...

One more thing
7. Use ugliest stock wheels offered 17"denvers and stock golf bumper