GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Genesis coupe

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I like the enhancements, especially the front end over the last. The interior looks a bit more "upscale".

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
The 275 hp 2.0 that is in the Sonata now is a dog. Not nearly as refined as the GTI's motor and seems to be overrated as the 0 - 60 numbers are higher then the GTI (6.5 o 7.0 sec is typical in mags compared to our car being 5.9 to 6.5 secs) . Yeah the Sonata weighs more but it still does not explain it fully. Maybe it does better in the Genesis.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
Thats awesome on paper and I like the exterior a bit - but that interior is god awful...if they can work on that , I might think about it. At the end of the day, it has the interior I would expect.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
^ At least the interior looks better than the STI, WRX or Evo. I read on some sources which said that the genesis 2.0 turbo engine is actually the same engine as the evo.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Meh...

mark_seis_jsw

Ready to race!
The problem I have with all these KDM vehicles is that they are claiming certain MPGs and power numbers and every test I've seen puts them short. Maybe under perfect conditions at the crank they are getting a number, but real world application seems to keep putting them well behind their paper #'s

livefast

Ready to race!
Apparently, tuning doesn't make a huge difference on the 270hp engine. That's what I read somewhere. (Just a guess, but maybe they're maxing it out already with a stock tune.)

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
in the car and driver link it states them using something to enhance the sound of the 6 cyl.... noise pipe?? lolz

djax1

Ready to race!
The problem I have with all these KDM vehicles is that they are claiming certain MPGs and power numbers and every test I've seen puts them short. Maybe under perfect conditions at the crank they are getting a number, but real world application seems to keep putting them well behind their paper #'s

anecdotal or has there been recorded data on this? my mom just bought an elantra and the jury's still out on the mpg.

Halvie

WOOSA
They need that v8 to make the hood not look ridiculous. Should have just fixed the six speed and updated the engines. All the car needed.

McQueen77

Banned
Asian styling, exterior and especially interior on cars these days just totally bum me out. What is the whole "lets make it look like a cheap plastic spaceship inside" sensibility? I don't get it. Would I like it more if I were into anime or graphic novels or something? The interior is hideous. I'm pretty big on styling and I think the Germans, nowadays anyway, are the only ones who get it right, for my taste. There is an element of class and subtle understatement that seems to totally elude the Japanese and Korean automakers. Whats the word used to describe German styling so often? Austere? I love that. I personally love the look of the old 3 series with the circular headlights.. The old VW rabbits and GTIs, the same thing. Thats why I can't get down with the evo or whatever. I don't care how fast it is or how powerful. It looks ridiculous. All opinions of course, just opinions. I just can't get down with Hyundai