Spammers

hpowders

Ready to race!
SHOCKING!!! :D

Geofux

Ready to race!

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it's getting really annoying. Every night around this time.
Oddly they all seem to list their car as Buick. And their english is so bad that I bet they are some Chinese spam bastards.

Should registration require approval for a while?

What's the best way to deal with this?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Send them your credit card info and I bet you'll be getting an even better deal.
They don't accept credit cards, only non-reversible payment methods like Western Union or e-Gold. You send them your payment and they never send the goods, and you can't get your money back or file a dispute.

Most of these scammers are in Nigeria and other African countries but Asia is catching up fast.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Ha.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
They don't accept credit cards, only non-reversible payment methods like Western Union or e-Gold. You send them your payment and they never send the goods, and you can't get your money back or file a dispute.

Most of these scammers are in Nigeria and other African countries but Asia is catching up fast.

Well I really have trouble finding why anyone would even be fooled in the first place. I mean all the bells and alarms should be going off.

Bender1

Banned
Tougher registration standards = fewer real members.

Spammers are addressed as soon as they are reported (REPORT THEM!). If you report than at 3 in the morning it might take us a bit, but it will get taken care of.

YOU need to do your part and report them.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Well I really have trouble finding why anyone would even be fooled in the first place. I mean all the bells and alarms should be going off.
They should, but some people are so tempted by the low prices that they throw caution into the wind.

Just like the 419 scams (advance fee fraud), there are enough fools out there to make this a multi-billion dollar "industry". Many young Nigerians spend all day in Internet cafes sending out scam messages and trying to extract money from gullible victims -- they consider this their "job".

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2011 VW GTI
Tougher registration standards = fewer real members.

Spammers are addressed as soon as they are reported (REPORT THEM!). If you report than at 3 in the morning it might take us a bit, but it will get taken care of.

YOU need to do your part and report them.

oh yeah i forgot about that