GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Set ventilation to recirculation by default??

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I'm curious if anyone knows off the top of their heads whether you can set the recirc for the climate control to use recirculation by default. I looked through the vag-com settings, but couldn't find anything obvious, though I didn't really even know where to look. I also tried holding the button and after about 20secs the light came on and the vent shut, but the setting didn't stick. I love that the setting is remembered if you park the car briefly, but I would love it more if it was set to recirc always, unless the defrost was on.

saucer

Leadfoot
Car(s)
08 GTI
I asked this question when I first joined up and I was told VW intentionally keeps this off by default to allow the vents to air out. If recirculation were on all the time, I guess the vents would remain closed even when the car were off and it would be a moldy mess in there before too long...

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
And to think after a 10 min drive to work, forgetting to turn rec off makes my windows fog. Dont want to think about having it rec all the time, yikes.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
There's a mod that automatically turns off ESP a few seconds after the car starts. Assuming the polarity going through the button is the same, it ought to work fine on the recirc button too.

Can anyone link to that mod? I was just looking for it...