GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Splash guard / mud flap fitment

2006UG

<ding dong>
Hi guys,

I want to get some mud flaps for my 2 door gti, but I really don't want to have to pay new price at the dealer.

Will mk5 jetta flaps fit on my car? I'm okay with drilling holes.

Thank you!

2006UG

<ding dong>
Got a decent deal at the dealer, just bought the correct ones.

Don't really know why I'm posting. It's pretty lonely in here.

2006UG

<ding dong>
Part Numbers for GTI mudflaps are:
Front 1K0-075-115
Rear 1K0-075-105

Part Numbers for Rabbit mudflaps are:
Front 1K0-075-111
Rear 1K0-075-101

Taken from http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2825980-Purchased

I'll be picking them up friday and likely installing this weekend if I can knock enough of my homework off. I'll also be working on retrofitting a ski roof rack clamp onto my ghetto oem roof bars so it's flush mount. High five for spending under $80 for an oem rack with a ski/snowboard attachment?

2006UG

<ding dong>
Super crap iphone picture.
I've only got the rears on. First one took around an hour and a half, second one took about 20 minutes. Just take the wheels off at the start haha.

image by adampichler, on Flickr

2006UG

<ding dong>
Thanks. I do like how they look as well. I think they really help my car look 'utilitarian'.
And for me that's the whole point of having a hatchback.
I think it helps keep it maybe a bit cleaner on the bottom corners. Too soon to tell for sure. Once I get the fronts installed I'll have to determine if the bottom half of the doors stay cleaner as well.

I'm really happy with the quality though, everyone I showed the flaps to has been impressed. They're really high density rubber, and pretty heavy duty.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
What was the good deal? I think they are about $90?

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Wow, I thought they were high here. Looking forward to pics of the front.

2006UG

<ding dong>
Wow, I thought they were high here. Looking forward to pics of the front.

I did some looking around and couldn't find them cheaper elsewhere. Ecs tuning had them for around 130 for the full set, plus $104710371719401720360 shipping, so that was out of the question.
Even on ebay the cheapest I could find for oem ones that fit a gti are 160.

2006UG

<ding dong>
is it really that bad installing them with the wheels on?

It would probably take me an extra hour per side with the wheels on, at least on the rears (fronts are yet to come). Unless you're some mad contortionist and you can reach inside your back bumper with your eight jointed forearm, you're not gonna have a good time. With how they're anchored, the screws you sink into the fender liner and bottom of bumper need to have plastic nuts fastened onto the pokey throughey end. My arm was rubbing on the spring when i put those on.

With the extra ten minutes I spent to get my rusted on wheels off (don't know why, they only went on 3 weeks ago), I saved much more time than that.