K04 GTI vs GSXR 600

djunited

Ready to race!
3rd gear roll

nashbar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b5s4, fz1 and mk5
3rd gear for the bike? that's way below its powerband. 3rd gear on my bike starts at ~110mph.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I'm guessing it was 3rd gear for the GTI. If anything, that bike blew his doors off.

I've chased a lot of 600s and they'll put buses on you in a straight line but come braking and corners you'll easily catch all but the best / most suicidal riders. It is very hard to ride a bike fast (track wise, not straight line) in the first place, and very stupid to do it on the street.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Most riders can do shit besides wheelie around here. Love going to the track seeing liter bikes running 12s...god forbid they have to go into a turn on two wheels.

Of course rolls are a different story. Any tard can twist his wrist without worrying about the launch.

djunited

Ready to race!
3rd gear roll for me.couldnt do anything but spin.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Most riders can do shit besides wheelie around here. Love going to the track seeing liter bikes running 12s...god forbid they have to go into a turn on two wheels.

Of course rolls are a different story. Any tard can twist his wrist without worrying about the launch.

My bike picks the front wheel up off the ground at 90mph, so even twisting the wrist is not as easy as it seems.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I have had fast bikes too. Twist the wrist.

Tutti57

Ready to race!
Twist it in the other direction is what I meant by that. A gsxr 600 is not one of the bikes that does this.

nashbar

Ready to race!
Car(s)
b5s4, fz1 and mk5
My bike picks the front wheel up off the ground at 90mph, so even twisting the wrist is not as easy as it seems.

bs, I've ridden "every" modern sportbike, every displacement, every style, none power-up wheelie without the clutch. brand new r1 can go full throttle in any gear without the front tire coming off the ground.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
bs, I've ridden "every" modern sportbike, every displacement, every style, none power-up wheelie without the clutch. brand new r1 can go full throttle in any gear without the front tire coming off the ground.

If you really had as much experience as you think having ridden "every" modern sportbike implies, you would know you're wrong, and that in addition to the bike, power wheelies depend on rider input, and center of gravity. Hint: they are possible and do happen on newer liters even with stock gearing. Gearing. A CRF 450 (not a sport bike) will power wheelie easily through 3rd!

And I don't know if you've ridden recently or not, but the 1000s have been absolutely insane in the past few years. The S1000RR really kicked them into gear (and yes that bike will power wheelie with assists off)

Oh, and I almost forgot... my old 2000 CBR 600 would power wheelie WITHOUT the clutch at about 8K if you went off and then on. And that's an old 600 making 100 HP vs the new liters making nearly 200 and having similar weights, wheelbases and CGs.

Shades

Ready to race!
Um...unless you're 300 lbs go full throttle a litre bike from a stand still in first and tell me you won't lift the front end up.

KOA789

Go Kart Champion

You can BS all you want kid, I'm telling you right now, a 390lb bike, putting down 157whp and 104wtq WILL pull it up at 90, with ease, even easier with an even newer one that's lighter and puts down 180whp. And if you can't get the front wheel on a new R1 up in any gear with throttle, then get some bigger balls and twist it all the way, or turn the traction control off. Also, I call BS that you've ridden EVERY modern sport bike.

My bike that can't get the front wheel up in 3rd gear (this one is for sale by the way. so you can buy it and prove me wrong :) )

My other bike that can't do it...

Last edited:

Tutti57

Ready to race!
I had an fz1 that would go vertical in 1st. Nice low tq compared to the r1.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
You have some very nice things in that garage KOA789 lol