Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
their site has common problems in their support section and this seems to be my problem.

"If sometimes one side does not turn on or it takes multiple tries for the HIDs to turn on, you may have a power issue. We would recommend trying a wiring harness. This will allow you to wire the kit directly to the cars battery. Sometimes if you bump your fuse by 5amps that can help as well. If the problem stays with one particular side, we would recommend swapping the bulbs or ballast from left to right and see if the problem follows. If this is the case, you may have a bad bulb or ballast.

If you have the HID Harness installed and are still getting intermittent firing, double check your power and ground cables. Make sure the terminal is touching the "threaded" part of the bolt and not just the head of the bolt." Hmmm

The issue with a wiring harness is that you'll still get a bulb out error since it's drawing the power straight from the battery. You could always try canbus killers.

I'm surprised you're getting this error. I have the 55W equivalent and no issues other than plugging in backwards. It could be just that, your fogs aren't drawing enough power compared to the 55W bulb you had in there before.

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
The issue with a wiring harness is that you'll still get a bulb out error since it's drawing the power straight from the battery. You could always try canbus killers.

I'm surprised you're getting this error. I have the 55W equivalent and no issues other than plugging in backwards. It could be just that, your fogs aren't drawing enough power compared to the 55W bulb you had in there before.

Should I get both wiring harness and canbus. I want there to be no more problems.

Every time I turn the car on now there's no light error on the dash but only one light works at a time. They both switch off on which one works and doesn't.

Edit: DDM has 3 listed customer service numbers on their site and none of them answered. sweet...

GTI4John74

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI
DDM Tuning use to have the Raptor HID kits which i bought in 55w 9006 bulbs with error cancellers and it works amazing. Still running after 2 years. But DDM Tuning discontinued it and stuck with their slim ballasts which causes error mostly for our cars. You should have gotten the 55w slim ballast + error cancellers and you should be ok for like a few months then it will flicker.

I have 9006 housing HID and it is badass. I like the brightness. You can run just fogs as your headlights and it looks awesome especially with amber citylights.

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Get the error cancellers from ddm tuning. $15 extra. Make sure you plug the canceller in between the bulbs and ballast.

Are you sure not the wiring harness?

This seems to be my problem.

"Use this relay harness to connect HIDs to cars with very small gauge wiring that cannot supply the initial surge current required to light the bulbs reliably. Symptoms indicating the harness is required would be intermittent starting or lights going out after being turned on for several minutes and requiring you to turn the lights off and back on for them to turn back on again. Recommended for all 55W HID installations but most American and European cars work at 35W/55W without the harness. The harness is definitely recommended for Quad';s and other ATVs or when running multiple HID installations. This harness is a fused relay isolation harness capable of supplying 20A at 12vdc. Not required when using High / Low kits."

ITEM: HID Harness (Dual in, Dual out) $9.99 on DDMtuning

Maximum6

FASTER
i hear the OEM project fogs with normal bulbs look really good.

However, I'm thinking it would just look like any projector style headlights with halogen bulbs like Toyota Camry or Scion TC

Jmp680

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 GTI
Okay, so now here's more of an understanding of what's going on.

I turn my car on.
I then turn my lights on (just fogs) nothing happens.
I turn my switch off and on passenger side works drivers doesn't.
I turn my switch off and on same thing. Passenger side works drivers doesn't.
I turn my switch off and on drivers side works passenger side doesn't.
I turn my switch off and on again same thing. Drivers side works passengers doesn't.
I turn my switch off and on again and I then get and error on the dash while the drivers side works and the passengers side doesn't.
I turn my it off and on for the last time and they both work all the way to my destination.

Turned my car on after my stop and had to do it all over again... This is not good. They are going to blow sooner or later due to switching off and on so much.

My question is. Do I need a wiring harness to connect directly to the battery. OR Do I need an error eliminator.

Thanks