GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Angry Rabbit

drew905

Goedemorgen
I've never posted on here before - just finally got the car together on Friday. Sorry for the crappy photos - maybe one day I will try and take some great ones with a better camera.

Still need to adjust the suspension a little more - was being cautious with how low I set it, as this is my daily driver.

I was inspired by user RPF1, who was a big help in getting me sorted out, and Bruce88 from one of the Australian VW forums. I loved his wheels so much, I wanted the same look for my rabbit!

I'm running BC Type BR Coilovers, 17x9 5x114.3 +45 Enkie RPF1's with Adaptec wheel adapters in the front, and re-drilled wheels with wobble bolts in the rear. The tires are Falken Azenis 615s (225/45/17)

The fenders/guards are SRS-TEC's.

Engine is bone stock, and will remain that way.

Thanks for looking.

Test fitting fenders before paint.

Test Fitting the rear wheels...

poonpower

Ready to race!
looks real good man, it'd look even better lowered about an inch more

how wide are those fenders and whats the final spec of those wheels? I'm really liking those wheels now, haha

drew905

Goedemorgen
looks real good man, it'd look even better lowered about an inch more

how wide are those fenders and whats the final spec of those wheels? I'm really liking those wheels now, haha

Thanks - it actually sits lower than in those close up photos. It's about 4mm gap. However as much as I would love to be slammed, I cannot as my daily route would destroy my car in Montreal. It looks cool to me in person.

The fenders are 25mm wider per side. They fit OEM with only trimming of the fender lining and one OEM bracket modification.

The wheels are 17x9 +45 5x114.3 with Adaptec wheel adapters (15mm thickness). The final offset would effectively be +30 in the front. It is not possible to run my wheels with my suspension setup without the spacers. They will not clear the coilovers. There is absolutely no rubbing issues.

The fenders do not come painted, but after shipping/paint they were about $1100.00 USD. A little more than what I budgeted, however the final product is incredible. Way more options for wheels and overall appearance.

613B6

Ready to race!
Badass, love everything about the looks, Mtl roads are brutal.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
IMHO, there's something wrong with wheels/tires/suspension of this car...

Care to explain?

I think the only thing that looks "off" is the fact that there is a bit of a lip on the black rims that really clash with the already thicker profile tire. It almost make the 45's look like they're more than 45's.

OP, nice car, fitment looks good to me and I dig those fenders :thumbsup:

drew905

Goedemorgen
Care to explain?

I think the only thing that looks "off" is the fact that there is a bit of a lip on the black rims that really clash with the already thicker profile tire. It almost make the 45's look like they're more than 45's.

OP, nice car, fitment looks good to me and I dig those fenders :thumbsup:

Thank you sir! I believe you nailed it! I think my photos are very poor, so the definition of tire to rim is not apparent. I think if my ride height was a bitnmore aggressive in the rear (which fir me, for function, I can go another 3/8" lower) it might make it look better.

I really don't think the photos do it justice... I'm away on a work trip, when I return I'll try and take some decent ones!

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Thank you sir! I believe you nailed it! I think my photos are very poor, so the definition of tire to rim is not apparent. I think if my ride height was a bitnmore aggressive in the rear (which fir me, for function, I can go another 3/8" lower) it might make it look better.

I really don't think the photos do it justice... I'm away on a work trip, when I return I'll try and take some decent ones!

Thicker tires are more racecar IMO. Looks cool.

And don't go to great lengths to try and impress people here lol, the pics look fine

drew905

Goedemorgen
Thicker tires are more racecar IMO. Looks cool.

And don't go to great lengths to try and impress people here lol, the pics look fine

Kind of the look I was going for. I appreciate the euro slammed airbag with Mercedes wheels, but it's not my style. I wanted something different, after I saw Bruce88's car, I wanted the same look in a rabbit.

Thanks for the compliments.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Nice, i remember squarespokes used to run something like those. But with 245/40 in the front. So 17x9 et45 doesn't clear coilovers in the front? How much is needed?

drew905

Goedemorgen
Nice, i remember squarespokes used to run something like those. But with 245/40 in the front. So 17x9 et45 doesn't clear coilovers in the front? How much is needed?

Yes, user RPF1 (squarespokes) actually helped me sort out the little bits of the car (I purchased his wheels adapters). My coilovers are full body and quite thick so it's a bit of a problem without the spacers (15mm). I'd say about 10mm to be safe. Another user is also using 17mm spacers on the same setup I tried to replicate, and he said it was too close to his fenders at 17mm spacing.

Perhaps with a different coil and setup it's possible, but then you are stuck with the rims not fitting in the front fenders. That's why I chose to purchase the SRS-TEC's.

I think the setup I have is the best for daily driving.

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Yea i guess you can't do without those fenders. And squarespokes used to run quite a lot of camber front and rear i seem to remember. Damn it i really like those wheels and fenders.