GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Buying Fully Loaded 2006, Good Deal?

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey his, I just saw a deal in Craigslist. It is an 06 GTI with package 1 and 85000 miles with a list price of 8900. The guy works at a gas station that has service and has owned it for only two months. He says his name is not on the title so it technically has one owner because he merely buys and sells the cars. Also, he says everything is fine except the cd player broke and the tires have maybe 5 months left on them. He says it was from one of his customers and whn he bought it the timing belt was broken and he just replaced it. He said there was no engine damage at all. I thought that when the timing belt breaks that it is for sure that there is damage to the engine? Should I stay away?

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed
Never mind, it was unclear but he said he did indeed have to fix the head or something like that. Sorry, I'm not mechanically inclined. Anyway, we agreed on 8200. On Monday I will come and get it inspected at the dealer and if it checks out it will be a deal!

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed
I have purchased an 06 GTI with 85k on the clock for 7,500! It needs new tires, and the 80k DSG service. It also has a problem with the air flapper motor behind the glovebox, is missing the rear cup holder, the rear AC vents aren't working, there is a dent in the bumper behind the rear right wheel, and it is missing the tow eye cap. This car is definitely a piece of work, but I'm sure that after 500 for tires, 200 for a DSG oil change and DSG fluid change, and maybe another hundred for the air circulator motor, it will be in decent shape! I'm currently taking off the plastidip off of the wheels because they were poorly done and it kind of sucks because the guy sprayed thin coats that don't even cover the whole wheel. Right now though, I am working with him to get it s****** because it is his responsibility to get it smogged. I definitely learned my lesson that I shouldn't have rushed the buy because he didn't smog it yet so I went with him today to get it smogged but it failed the visual inspection because of his carbonio intake. He said he will buy another intake for me so I can pass smog and register the car. It just kind of sucks because it is 40 min each way to meet up with him.

Daffy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 GTI
Hey guys I'm looking into buying a GTI! It is an 06 that is fully loaded with maintenance records, a spotless carfax, four previous owners, and 64k miles. Is 12k a good deal? Also, I know I should check for wear on the cam follower. Is there anything else?

Sounds pretty good to me, I got my 06 with 90k for 13, with all the maintenance records so yes, sweet deal man!

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats post up some pics when you can! Keep the Carbonio intake!!

I didn't get to keep it, it was either I get the stock intake or the carbonio and my dad wanted to keep the stock one. Oh well!
Also, it seems like the owner wasn't too cautious with his car. There are several stains and scratches in the interior. But I have to realize that is probably why I got it for 7,500..

Vincent Tran

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry guys been kind of busy! Just did an oil change today, the guy definitely did not hand tighten the cap for the oil filter housing. It was stuck on there like nobody's business. I had to cut the string so I could take off the housing. Will post up pictures tomorrow.