GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HDR GTi Shoot

lyonsroar

GTI newb...
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
HDR (high dynamic range) imaging is used to capture a scene more realistically than a camera normally can capture it with one exposure. It does this by combining multiple exposures, some overexposed, some underexposed, into one 'perfectly exposed' picture.

How many exposures did you combine to make these images? You need at least one more overexposed shot to properly expose the wheels in my opinion.

The black wheels have almost no definition and just basically look like black circles. With HDR, they should be clear and well exposed. The viewer should be able to discern the wheel pattern easily.

This is the last HDR I shot...using three exposures, one overexposed, one under, and one 'perfectly' exposed according to the camera. See how the wheels still have a pattern in the center even though they're black? Now I'll be the first to admit this is not a perfect HDR either. I needed to pop off a few more brackets also, but it's OK.

IMG_8349_1_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
HDR (high dynamic range) imaging is used to capture a scene more realistically than a camera normally can capture it with one exposure. It does this by combining multiple exposures, some overexposed, some underexposed, into one 'perfectly exposed' picture.

How many exposures did you combine to make these images? You need at least one more overexposed shot to properly expose the wheels in my opinion.

The black wheels have almost no definition and just basically look like black circles. With HDR, they should be clear and well exposed. The viewer should be able to discern the wheel pattern easily.

This is the last HDR I shot...using three exposures, one overexposed, one under, and one 'perfectly' exposed according to the camera. See how the wheels still have a pattern in the center even though they're black? Now I'll be the first to admit this is not a perfect HDR either. I needed to pop off a few more brackets also, but it's OK.

IMG_8349_1_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

This is a great pic. Op need some work and ditch the front plate.

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
I used 5 exposures for each shot. I did notice the wheels should be showing more detail it could just be the software that I used. What do you use for software?

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
Great shots! I use Photomatix for mine and when I shoot it, I use 3 exposures. I got some pics when I tried playing around with it for the first time:

One of my recent shots:

VW_GTI5

Eat Sleep VW
Nice pictures man. I was looking at the actual shot and for whatever reason my camera didn't get clear shots of my wheels. So maybe my camera is on the way out lol. It is a first gen dslr.

Jdl09gti

///Quickster
Car(s)
GTi MkV.
Nice pictures man. I was looking at the actual shot and for whatever reason my camera didn't get clear shots of my wheels. So maybe my camera is on the way out lol. It is a first gen dslr.

You might just have to adjust some settings in the software your using and use it to bring it up more. I think with black it can be a challenge, but lyonsroar did it well on his pic.
For all of you -

How much +/- versus 0 exposure bracketing do you go?
All the way to 5 each way?

I go all the way.

this is what a black car should look like every single day!!!!

:) yeah except you can see me in the BG with my bright blue shirt :mad0259:

2006UG

<ding dong>
Alright, I'll give that a try.

I was studying abroad in Spain for ~3 months over the winter, and decided to snap some HDR sets with plans of compressing them when I got home. Most of them are nine exposures, all the way from -5 to 5.

Thing is, in all of them the clouds moved way to fast for the sets to be useable.

Three exposures would be way quicker.