GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New '09 GTI.

phantasmic13

Car(s)
GTI (daily driver)
Hey guys. Just bought a GTI last week (first Volkswagen ever too), and wanted to see if this was a good deal. I love the car though, so personally it doesn't really matter, just curious. It's a tornado red 2009 GTI (TSI) and has 93,000 miles on it. It was a commuter car I'm pretty sure before I bought it, and they kept it in awesome shape! It does have 1 or 2 small issues with it that I need to fix (small chip in windshield, tear in passenger seat), but really nothing major just cosmetic. It does have heated seats and a sunroof. Pretty sure it's all stock (has an ECS tuning decal on the sunroof, but don't know if it means much). It has been awesome to drive so far! I have a 1998 BMW Z3 1.9L, which is a fun car to drive, but really has no power at all. I paid $10,900 for the car, and being a first time car buyer (bought the Z3 private with cash) the best I could do on financing was 8.4% at 66 months (which I didn't think was too bad). So I'll end up paying about $212 a month. It's awesome coming from a '98 car (even though it's a dimmer) to a 2009 car. Some of the most basic options on my VW seem huge since my bimmer doesn't have too many options. Don't know as of right now if I will do any mods to the VW. I'd love to mod my bimmer AND the VW, but am in school right now full time, so can basically only afford the payments and insurance and not much else for mods. Am planning on lowering the VW eventually, just don't know when.

Am definitely looking forward to being a part of the VW, specifically the GTI community.

Attachments

• 47990_10200780863985227_572061497_n.jpg
    47990_10200780863985227_572061497_n.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,157

Subie2013

Humble yourself
I'd say it wasn't a bad pick up. The 8.4% is gonna suck. Good thing your payment is relatively small. Have fun with it.

MDBluesfan

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 CW GTI
Enjoy it!

And I understand the money thing...I saved up for a year to go stage 1, but it's well worth it. Stage 1 will make stock feel like the GTI makes the z3 feel. Although you won't find many objections to lowering it here, either.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Great find. High miles but should be a good car!

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
Hm... High miles, but TSI.. only 10,900, but 13,900 after 66 months.. Not sure what I would do here, 8.4% is pretty gnarly. The convenience of low-ish monthly payments at the cost of 3k, vs the convenience of having TSI isn't exactly even IMO. I think I would have searched for a 2007 FSI with lower mileage for around the same price

Either way, nice car OP

beauy46

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 TR GTI
Nice Car & Welcome

You may want to check and see if the car has already been flashed?
Say call your local APR dealer or Revo etc... to find out

At least the ECS Tuning Sticker means the previous owner had some taste :)

.:R32D2

Big Brown Truck Driver
Car(s)
MKV R32
Welcome! Nice pick. Great color. The miles are high but these cars with proper maintenance will run great for years to come.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Depending on how much you drive that car will most likely cause a headache in the 66 months you are paying for it.

langer

i fix teefs
Pay as much as you can each month to get the principal down. You're probably paying in the neighborhood of 14k in the end over those 66 months.

Grynchmeister

SuckSquishBangBlow
Do you have access to a credit union? That rate is pretty high for the current economy.
In the meantime, pay twice a month if you can, half the payment each time. It will help kill the interest rate a bit, especially if you round your payment up.

Think of it this way. How ever much of the principal you can pay off early is a guaranteed 8.4% return directly to your wallet.
Love the color!

jorge330823

Passed Driver's Ed
Congrats I got my 08 2 months ago and I got it for 14500 sticker price at 3.7% interest first time buyer but I also paid 3500 more for extended and gap protection. Oh and mine had 50,000 miles when I got it