GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mac OS 10.7.4 Help...

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
Hey guys, i need your help from those who are mac users and savvy at it.

i currently have an older 2009 macbook pro running os 10.7.4 update. as soon as i updated it a while back, i've ran into the issue of my SD drive as well as any memory storage devices like USB flash drives or USB external harddrives can only read, and not read/write. Which means I cant transfer anything from my mac to these drives.

now, i've been searching on the internet for literally months, hoping someone would come up with a solution to the problem, and i have yet to read a source which gives a definite solution other than plugging in the SD card half way.. wtf

So if any mac users experienced this, or know of the solution, please let me know! my comp is getting so close to its 250gb storage capacity, it's making me nervous and making my computer extremely slow.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

utekineir

Banned
Macrumors.com has a pretty active forum section, should be more useful advice there

Hell you could probably find some weird moneyed Dude over there to send you a new laptop for nudes of your cute ass.

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
If that doesn't work there is an apple store coming soon to a city near you. Maybe you need a genius to solve your problem.

Car(s)
2008 GTI

Angel@forge

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 A3 sport
There are ways to read and write to an ntfs if that's what you need. Otherwise is it a permissions or user issue?

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
If that doesn't work there is an apple store coming soon to a city near you. Maybe you need a genius to solve your problem.

Apple store is opening in Halifax? when/where?

It is the format of the things you are connecting PC's Use one format and macs prefer another, backup the content on those devices, and use disk utility to erase as exfat.

Source
http://lifehacker.com/5927185/use-the-exfat-file-system-and-never-format-your-external-drive-again

cool man, thanks! i'll try that tonight if i have time

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
There are ways to read and write to an ntfs if that's what you need. Otherwise is it a permissions or user issue?

im not too sure tbh. all i know is that my SD cards are read only, so is any USB drive i plug in it. there is no way for me to drag/drop stuff from my mac onto these drives. when i place it over the external memory drives, a white circle with a line through it appears... i look at the properties of the drive and it states that it's read only.

anything else regarding permissions or user issue i have no idea about because i'm not tech savvy.

lol looks pretty accurate to any apple store i've been in

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI