GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi RS3 Hatch $100K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
Considering the last thread was rudely closed, out of respect for those who were participating in an informative dialog about the RS3 please continue.

zwarse

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
08 r32
So it will only come in a 5 door? You'd think they would give you both options.
Fuel consumption seems reasonable for a 250kw car.

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
So it will only come in a 5 door? You'd think they would give you both options.

for now it only comes as a 5 door, would be nice to see a two door version.

With regards to fuel consumption ask Jester_Fu because he owns a TT-RS which uses the same engine.

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
RS3 seems like a bit of a misfire.
Yet I don't feel that way about the TTRS or the RS4,5,6 when they are all equally as mental.
Perhaps the notion of prestige/presence doesn't stick to a hatch as much as it does the other RS Audis.

... Or it could just be that it is a bit close to home and I just don't like the pricetag... :)

Other thread looked fine to me btw.
Ranty banter is the best sort!

Donald32

Backseat Driver
Considering the last thread was rudely closed, out of respect for those who were participating in an informative dialog about the RS3 please continue.

WTF is happening to this forum? I went away after a series of unfortunate events here but came back after the Audi announcement to see what people think of the car. Went away for a few days and the thread has again been screwed and pulled by forum nazis? WTF?

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
WTF is happening to this forum? I went away after a series of unfortunate events here but came back after the Audi announcement to see what people think of the car. Went away for a few days and the thread has again been screwed and pulled by forum nazis? WTF?

Correct Donald,
The Australian section of this site has had some dubious things go on of late & I suspect outside influence has played a role in it.

Rest assured Donald as the appropriate people have been informed by the concerns and are currently assessing the matter. :thumbsup:

Now back to the infamous RS3 :smile:

Capercat

It's a chuck-about
RS3 seems like a bit of a misfire.
Yet I don't feel that way about the TTRS or the RS4,5,6 when they are all equally as mental.
Perhaps the notion of prestige/presence doesn't stick to a hatch as much as it does the other RS Audis.

... Or it could just be that it is a bit close to home and I just don't like the pricetag... :)

Other thread looked fine to me btw.
Ranty banter is the best sort!
yes tinto, your view has been shared by most.

I like the "a bit close to home comment" :clap: that's been a common gripe with the RS3 from what I've heard to date. Over $100K for a hatchback I suspect, but at least it will get the ice cream home from the shops in summer before it mealts. :wink:

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I'm a bit concerned that the moderation standards being employed currently are the becoming same as those of another forum.

The standards of this forum previously were not like this in the past and should remain free and easy i.e. Forum members by and large self moderated.

While there was one unfortunate time in it's history that things went a bit too far, with blame lying with both the perpertrator (Saad) and some members. The perpertrator has since left (thankfully) and those members that attacked him (on a racial level) appear to have gone to ground.

The two forums are separate entities and should remain so. Otherwise, there will be no need for the other forum if both are the same. If this standardisation of both forums moderation is allowed to continue, what might happen is that both forums may die and members will start visiting vwwatercooled exclusively - which I am sure is not the desired outcome for both parties.

So lets return things to the way it was in the past, before the Saad debarcle. Let us not impose the moderation standards of another (competing) forum on this one. If things get too out of hand, by all means, step in a sort it out.

But don't remove or edit posts w/o first consulting the relevent members. Explain in detail why their posts were offensive and give them the opportunity to explain their actions (and try to understand their actions), before imposing harsh and punitive measures (and threats of violence).

This is the role of a moderator - to be impartial and to keep a cool and level head, to try steer the conversation towards a more civil outcome - Not to stop it entirely. This forum is a community and it's members should allowed to express their opinions openly, without threat of censure by a specific group of people with a specific agenda.

Last edited:

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
for now it only comes as a 5 door, would be nice to see a two door version.

With regards to fuel consumption ask Jester_Fu because he owns a TT-RS which uses the same engine.

They probaly won't have the market. I think the practical nature of 5 doors on the RS-3 is whats going to sell it.

Seriously.... $100K 3 Door Hatchback.... I can think of alot of cars I would rather owner in the $100K two door space.

From a 5 door perspective though it makes much more sense as there really isn't anything that competes.

So maybe $100K 5 door that does 0-100 in less 4.5 secs does have a market.

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
It's better than the R32 around town. On a long trip, well, it does seem the 5 pot TT RS works a wee touch harder... or it could be the inclination to press the accelerator as well... or the fact the satnav always malfunctions and finds you a twisty road... or the fact that every trip is twice as long because i don't want to get out :biggrin:

A couple of times i've had it head toward 7's for 100L on the highway and then i find the satnav 'malfunctions' and i'm in the corners again. Around town it's easily as economical as the R32 and a little bit better if you drive sensibly. The little bit of extra weight in the RS3 will impact it over the TT RS (100kg's is a least one hefty passenger!)... but for the 0-100 time it can produce and the overall fun/power of the car... it's insanely sensible fuel wise.

Justin Fox

Ready to race!
Let us not impose the moderation standards of another (competing) forum on this one.

Assuming that you're talking about VWGolf.net.au it's interesting that you think we're a forum which is competing with GOLFMKV.

Personally I've never seen it that way and never will see it that way. Christina and I never had any intentions at all to "beat" GOLFMKV in any way, shape or form.

How do you even begin to compete against GOLFMKV? Measure hits? Members? Sponsors? Track times? Dyno charts?!

I don't even think we're alike when it comes to mission statements. By no means is VWGolf.net.au a MKV only forum like GOLFMKV is, our aim is to embrace all Golf models (even the ones yet to come) and their owners as well as yet to be owners. Unlike GOLFMKV we're also Australia specific. We've even turned down international sponsors in an attempt to support local businesses which support us.

mleung

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI Pirelli
Who cares either way... I'm bored at work and I love reading forums about cars.

So more the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.