GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alpil W12 Wheels

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
I know there are a lot of Huff/Detroit/Monza haters out there, so this is for the few that actually like the OEM+ look. They're Alpil W12 reps made by RAYS. Figured I'd shoot these before I get them mounted.

Had them shipped in from Japan via Import Monster. They were second hand so I saved a packet, and they were only used the once for an af imp magazine photoshoot. Conti Extreme Contact DWs will be fitted later today. They're 10kgs a pop, so it's a 2kg saving per corner but they're of a much better build quality.

Last edited:

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Sweet; I always thought Huffs/Detroits were among the best looking OEM wheels out there.

dubbin

All in, All out..
Car(s)
09 GTI
you know when i had my huffs on i always got compliments from the "uninformed" people if ya know what i mean. when i told them they were stock wheels most have said "those are the best looking stock wheels i have ever seen"

They look good op, post pics when installed.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
I had a similar thing the other day when I went into my local tyre shop. I had my current 19" Huff reps (AK Tuning type) and he was like "man I love those stock wheels." Now that's really uninformed! I couldn't be bothered explaining it to him. :)

That reminds me, I wanted to shoot a Denver along side these W12s. Would look pretty funny. Will have to do it when I get time.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
It's very similar to that, but they didn't come in the same spec as W12s.
Those were by Rays (Versus) for the Honda boys who wished they'd bought a VW. LOL.

The correct link is here:

Alpil W12