GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GLI or Accord

BossDuB27

Illuminati
Dont mod a overweight fwd hatch to go "fast" and you wont have these reliability issues all you nancys are getting your panties in a bundle about.

Yes my 30k miles may not be a perfect sample size but it says enough about the FSI if you do regular maintenance and dont mod the shit out of it.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Still, fuck Honda, they're lame yo.

I can't even get worked up over an Acura. Woman at work bought a fully loaded TL with the AWD and all that crap. About the same time one of the senior engineers bought an S4. I think the price tags were actually similar. No phuckin' way I'm taking that TL over an S4, just no way.

Guess I'm just not a Honda guy. Hell, I'd do another Miata over an S2k.

RuddyR32

RuddyR32
Lots of different opinions out there for one very simple reason ... there are always going to be several models of every car that has their troubles ... even if you stick to the recommended service intervals. So, for what it's worth, here is my $0.02:

Prior to the wife buying her 2008 GLI, she had a 2008 TL-Type S. Was it reliable ... yup ... and in my opinion, a nice upgrade from a regular Accord. These can be had now, used, for reasonable prices too and if I were considering buying an Accord, I would seriously look at getting one of these instead.

As for the GLI, it now has 40K on the clock and still going strong without any dramas. Interior is a little smaller, sure, but equally well appointed (minus the Nav) and has a great sized trunk. With a revo tune, it also puts a smile on the dial!!!

I myself went from a 2008 Civic Si to an 2008 R32. Again, have had no problems with either and each has its pros and cons. At the end of the day mate, just get out there and drive all the cars that you are considering and make a decision for yourself based on how you feel and what you want in a car. We can all sit here and debate all day long over what is better, but do you honestly really care? I doubt it ... now go out tonight and buy that damn Kia :thumbsup:

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
You're clearly trolling at this point.

Look at my join date you fucking clown. I'm one of two or three of the original members here that still post on a semi-regular basis. Yeah, that makes me a troll.

Go to the MkV forums at the vortex if you need to have some people make you feel better about your car. I'm not the only one around here that is honest about the car, but you seem to pick me out for some reason. Go pound sand.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Look at my join date you fucking clown. I'm one of two or three of the original members here that still post on a semi-regular basis. Yeah, that makes me a troll.

Go to the MkV forums at the vortex if you need to have some people make you feel better about your car. I'm not the only one around here that is honest about the car, but you seem to pick me out for some reason. Go pound sand.

Again with the name calling. You must have been, what, 6 years old when you joined the site to be this mature today? Also, you are WAY too defensive. I've mentioned to several other chronic belly-achers that they should just sell their car and move on. You're far from alone, my friend.

Grow up, internet tough guy. No one cares.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
You're right. Noone does care, so why do you keep calling my posts out? Oh yeah, because you're so damned hurt about someone calling out VW's quality.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
You're right. Noone does care, so why do you keep calling my posts out? Oh yeah, because you're so damned hurt about someone calling out VW's quality.

Find where I defended VW quality or called my car reliable. I'm just sick of hearing you whine and moan continuously about your cars' issues. All cars have issues. So what? Either live with it, or sell the car. Whining and crying is getting you nowhere.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Find where I defended VW quality or called my car reliable. I'm just sick of hearing you whine and moan continuously about your cars' issues. All cars have issues. So what? Either live with it, or sell the car. Whining and crying is getting you nowhere.

Then what the hell is this forum for?

I've said multiple times, I still love driving the car. However, the lack of quality with the FSI is unacceptable. The car is paid off, I won't be selling it...I've actually become quite attached to it in the almost four years I've owned it. It's still mechanically stock and I've had every single problem you can imagine. When huge repair bills come up, I'll deal with it...I can afford it.

HOWEVER, when others come asking about whether or not they should look into an FSI...I sure as hell am going to chime in every single time I see a post. If you don't like that, tough shit.

moniz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Then what the hell is this forum for?

I've said multiple times, I still love driving the car. However, the lack of quality with the FSI is unacceptable. The car is paid off, I won't be selling it...I've actually become quite attached to it in the almost four years I've owned it. It's still mechanically stock and I've had every single problem you can imagine. When huge repair bills come up, I'll deal with it...I can afford it.

HOWEVER, when others come asking about whether or not they should look into an FSI...I sure as hell am going to chime in every single time I see a post. If you don't like that, tough shit.

Amen!

It's a forum, as in a forum for debate. Don't like what another member is saying? Call'em out on it and and get over yourself sethdude. It seems Rabbit GTI seems to get, but you don't. He hardly seems defensive when pointing out DOCUMENTED flaws and you tell him to shut up and sell the car. Seems you're the defensive one for having someone sully the hallowed VW name. It's a freaking car! A nice at that, but a freaking car!

This IS the place to sing the car's praises, and whine about it's many faults. Now whether you agree about these faults are real or not is a matter of opinion, and you know what they say about opinions and assholes.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Amen!

It's a forum, as in a forum for debate. Don't like what another member is saying? Call'em out on it and and get over yourself sethdude. It seems Rabbit GTI seems to get, but you don't. He hardly seems defensive when pointing out DOCUMENTED flaws and you tell him to shut up and sell the car. Seems you're the defensive one for having someone sully the hallowed VW name. It's a freaking car! A nice at that, but a freaking car!

This IS the place to sing the car's praises, and whine about it's many faults. Now whether you agree about these faults are real or not is a matter of opinion, and you know what they say about opinions and assholes.

Thank you. Nice to know some people around here still get it.

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
Wow, why is this between a GLI and an accord? Seriously? How automotively retarded are you? Sorry but learn to compare cars accordingly.

I am beyond insulted.

moniz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Wow, why is this between a GLI and an accord? Seriously? How automotively retarded are you? Sorry but learn to compare cars accordingly.

I am beyond insulted.

You'll get over it.

There is a reason they make different cars. Not everybody wants to drive the same car for various reasons. You don't like Accords being being compared to Jetta's? To bad, since they are considered to be in the same class of vehicles, so the comparison is apt. Though on straight up power/torque, the Accord V6 is tops, but handling goes to the to the Jetta. And as far as reliability, unbiased, independent reports clearly show the Accord is the safe bet. You're free to disagree, just like you can disagree that the earth is round. Facts are called facts for a reason.

Wonger

Ready to race!
People are forgetting one of the main reasons for why Turbo'd MKV's have such a bad rep is because most of the individuals complaining are owners of second hand GTI's or original owners who are following the 16k km/10k mile service schedule.... and also using the Stealership Castrol! Most GTI owners by the time they get the car its already in such horrible condition even though all "servicing" has been done on "schedule" at the stealership....

Just my .02

Motul every 8000km / 5000 mi FTW

RevoGLI

i <3 canada land
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I don't mind comparing accords to jetta's, not accords to GLI's.

Thats like comparing a civic to a GTI, it should be a golf.