GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what kind of air ride for my mkv+?

residentevol

Fugitive Trucker
Car(s)
On order 09 GTI UG
I have the manual version of the airlift kit from ECS and I love it....However if you are not prepared to modify your rear spring perches (IE cut them off) then dont get that kit...But they go LOOOOWW and they are comfy as hell...

2mmelit1

I have the manual version of the airlift kit from ECS and I love it....However if you are not prepared to modify your rear spring perches (IE cut them off) then dont get that kit...But they go LOOOOWW and they are comfy as hell...

what is the rear spring perches?

i live in norway, and i have to change the kit back to coilovers or stock suspention every two years when its time for the m.o.t :mad0259:

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
This seems like a pretty good deal.....but is it any good?
Its alright, but kind of basic.

looked at some kits from https://www.mason-tech.com

and i wounderd if they where anny good? Or are there anny other kits that is better?

max cost must be around 3-4000$ for a complet kit.
:word:

Yes Mason tech is awesome and all, but you live in Europe, you need to be giving Bagyard a call. Also, buying a "Kit" is kind of for suckers. Its best to piece together the parts you like and you don't to get what your looking for.

nick 430

buying a "Kit" is kind of for suckers. Its best to piece together the parts you like and you don't to get what your looking for.

i feel the opposite... if your new to air ride i feel like a kit would be the best option, less hassle, quicker install, fairly straight forward. Piecing together a kit is def cheaper, and obviously tailored to exactly what you need/want, but for someone new to air-ride, a much more difficult option.

2mmelit1

US of A is mutch "closer" than anny european contry, the price for shipping from the states is the same as if i would buy it from Britain and germany! But i feel i get more for my bucks over in the US.

The kit from air-lift looks okay, but i am worried about the mods that needs to be done..
i think bolt-on is the way to go because i have to change back to stock now and then! :p

2mmelit1

the car last year on 18"

that is all the way down on the coilovers, even removed the adjusters in the back.. still aint getting that low i want!! :p

running som 19" kleemann wheels this year <3

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
US of A is mutch "closer" than anny european contry, the price for shipping from the states is the same as if i would buy it from Britain and germany! But i feel i get more for my bucks over in the US.

The kit from air-lift looks okay, but i am worried about the mods that needs to be done..
i think bolt-on is the way to go because i have to change back to stock now and then! :p

Um what? Significant changes must be made to the vehicle to get truely low. Rear spring perch must be cut unless your using the Mason tech rears, but you lose a little wheel clearance and the firestone bags are thin. RE-5s or AH2 go lower are thicker, but you have to cut the perch.

The Airlift XLs are great from what I've read, but you have to cut your swaybar out. Its not an easy job to take out (unless you cut it into 5 pieces) or put back in (very difficult if you cut it to get it out). Thats not a big deal to me, because I don't care much how my car handles. Not to mention the notch which makes the biggest difference if you want to ride low. In many countries I believe its illegal to notch your frame. In some states in the U.S. it totals the car. Again, in my case I don't really care about the frame notch. I just don't want an insurance adjuster to one day spot it.

Air ride is not a minor or easy process. Theres a lot to consider, theres a lot to build, a good bit of fab. Definetly not just a bolt on. Just know that.

Also, the reason I mention you being in Europe is that Bagyard is also in Europe. Despite the money or shipping charges, the time it would take to get them would be much less than here in the States. Also, IMO they are clearly the superior product. The airlifts XL's look like toys when compared to BY bombers. Again just my opinion.

2mmelit1

Maybe BY is the way to go, but I can’t se any web shop on there site, and my German isn’t all that great!!

But do I have to remove the whole rear spring perch? If so I cant have air-ride on my car..
In Norway pretty much no modifications to your car is legal, so if I cant change back to stock dampers and springs this is a no go for me, because I wouldn’t get the M.O.T and the Norwegian government would take my license plates

So the key thing her is a system that would be easy to swap on and of, not remove the whole thing, but I have to be able do mount stock suspension and back to air-ride again pretty damn fast! :p