GOLFMKV

Official Northern Illinois Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Okay, here are the pictures. Car is somewhat dirty not because I had to drive home. No biggie though. The interior was horribly dirty.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
anyone wanna meet up and do this

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15760

r32 tails. spray tint thing.

i ordered a bottle of the tint. idk if thats enough for two. but once i get it id be willing to share.

I read the whole post, and while it sounds neat, I don't want to do it for 2 main reasons.

1.) I want to retain my stock parts so that if I ever sell or something, they can be swapped out.

2.) I want the R32 taillights because of the rear foglight and the amber turn signals.

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
I read the whole post, and while it sounds neat, I don't want to do it for 2 main reasons.

1.) I want to retain my stock parts so that if I ever sell or something, they can be swapped out.

2.) I want the R32 taillights because of the rear foglight and the amber turn signals.

1. it is stock parts. basically. and really who is gonna mark down the price when u trade ur car in on tailights that are darkened. and u can prolly get out with alot of washing.

2.) ud spend 300 dollers. + install if u dont know how to do it. for rear foglight and amber turn signals.. dude. just take out your tail. put amber tailights in them and get a vagcom. thing. idk bout the foglight. but smoking is the best way to go.

idk how much a bottle can last. but its the same one that was used in the DIY it should be in in 2 weeks. but. my treat if i have enough spray for a few people

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
1. it is stock parts. basically. and really who is gonna mark down the price when u trade ur car in on tailights that are darkened. and u can prolly get out with alot of washing.

2.) ud spend 300 dollers. + install if u dont know how to do it. for rear foglight and amber turn signals.. dude. just take out your tail. put amber tailights in them and get a vagcom. thing. idk bout the foglight. but smoking is the best way to go.

idk how much a bottle can last. but its the same one that was used in the DIY it should be in in 2 weeks. but. my treat if i have enough spray for a few people

Now you're a salesman? Um, well, I'm under the Driver's Option. So if I do decide to trade my car in, they may not take that since it's similar to a lease. I'm not saying I will trade it in. I most definitely will not because I won't be able to afford something afterwards. Plus I like the GTI a lot. If you look at my mods list, you'll notice that I can go all back to stock if I want. There's a reason I spent the extra money to do this. The only exception will be the GIAC if I ever get it. Also, I know some people with VAG-COM. Getting over there will be the bigger issue. I can get the R32 taillights for less than $300. And it's not that hard to install. You just have to have a basic understanding of electronics and mechanics. And the aforementioned VAG-COM.

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
Now you're a salesman? Um, well, I'm under the Driver's Option. So if I do decide to trade my car in, they may not take that since it's similar to a lease. I'm not saying I will trade it in. I most definitely will not because I won't be able to afford something afterwards. Plus I like the GTI a lot. If you look at my mods list, you'll notice that I can go all back to stock if I want. There's a reason I spent the extra money to do this. The only exception will be the GIAC if I ever get it. Also, I know some people with VAG-COM. Getting over there will be the bigger issue. I can get the R32 taillights for less than $300. And it's not that hard to install. You just have to have a basic understanding of electronics and mechanics. And the aforementioned VAG-COM.

teuche.

but. still.. smokin tails sounds really good right now.
somethin to do.
w/e im doin it. anyone wanna do it pm me.

PhillyB

Faster Than You
Car(s)
97 GTI
I realize that Tony.:redface: Maybe with my tax money. I am going with the H&R Cupkit. I'd like to go PSS9, but Jesus, who has $1500 for coilovers?

i do. but i need a lawyer instead

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
i do. but i need a lawyer instead

Yeah. Well, I have the money too, but I save it for emergencies (such as bent rims), insurance premiums, etc. I should look into a CD actually.

Also, how about a new topic? How many miles does everyone have on their car? I know Ed has somewhere near 16k or 17k, and Chris is somewhere near 3k. I'm at 71XX. I'll be at 72XX when I go to Niles tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.