GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VIC - A big summer for VW enthusiasts

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys

This summer is going to be pretty huge if you live in Vic and are enthusiastic about your VWs.

We currently have several events in the planning stages but I thought i would start drumming up some interest early on. The local scene is growing bigger and bigger each year but its only with your support of our efforts that we can establish something truly amazing.

Day of the Volkswagen
15th Nov @ Cranbourne Racecourse
One of Australias biggest VW show and shine days. Hundreds of cars on display from old school aircool rides through to the latest models on display from VW.

Maroondah Dam cruise/BBQ
13th of december @ Maroondah Dam

This is an annual event organised by yours truly. Its in its 4th year now and has been extremely successful. Last year I believe we had close to 30 cars attend. This year we wanna see even more!
The event has a real focus on the social side of things. For those that arent interested in the spirited drive through the dandenongs/spurs youre quite welcome to just join us for the BBQ.
It is still in the planning stages in regards to the cruise route as we wanna mix it up from previous years. But anyone who has attended this event in the past would know its a great day and a Beautiful venue

Victorian High Country Super Mega Cruise
Sat/Sun early Jan 2010(to be confirmed)

We have been talking about organising a Vic high country cruise for a few years now and this one is still in the planning stages. But essentially the plan is to Head up to the vic high country on the saturday spending a night at mt hotham. Then on the sunday hit the road again and head back towards home via Omeo/great alpine road.

Anyone who has driven these roads before will know they are some of the best in the country and whilst the round trip will be an exhausting 1000kms over the 2 days it is sure to be a truly epic adventure!

South East Dub Fest
7th of Feb 2010

This one is going to be held at Bundoora National Park and as most events we try to organise centre around a relaxed atmosphere BBQ.

SEDF was born out of a want for a casual atmosphere static car show. Anyone who atteneded the V1.0 of this event would have gotten a feel for what this ones all about. We arent interested in the car that has had every nook and cranny polished with a toothbrush.. Its purely a "peoples choice" scenario. Highlight of the previous event was the Pimp cup which is awarded to the lowest car on the day.

In regards to cross forum "rivalries" that anyone may be concerned about.. The Victorian crew really dont go in for that stuff. We are enthusiasts and if you share the love of the dub then youre welcome!

whoalse

Snap8
Car(s)
Silva Bullet
Tim,
I shall be in for most of them, if schedule permits....
Maroodah and High Country for sure...:biggrin:

Still high on adrenaline, i think (not meth like androo... :wink:)...

tooraktrash

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 Golf GTI
Epic line up Tim...looking good!

TimT

Go Kart Champion
Yep.

if i were to choose one event out of the lot it would be the maroondah dam cruise.. It really is a great social event in a spectacular location.. The park will be nice and green this year with any luck!

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
My car is in the shop today getting new goodies put in. Hopefully its ready by the weekend and i can still make it in time!!

Fingers crossed!

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
you can do mine after Tim's!!

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
any word on the exhaust yet?
nah not yet,

ill call up later.

lucas said they were doing some maths on it yesterday calculating flow rates etc. the fabricator was a V8 supercar engineer for many years, maybe he's got some tricks up his sleeve. wait and see HAHAHA

Pharkus

Ninja
Hope all you MkV gangsters have starting cleaning your Golfs :23:

Yup, just spent 20+hours on cleaning over the Melbourne Cup long weekend. Probably all that's left to do is maybe a quick rinse and quick detail.:happyanim:

Though not sure if I can make it to this Sunday, I already have a busy schedule. What are the times for this Sunday? And can you leave at any time? (i.e. is it easy to get back out once it starts filling up)