GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help me please. I need help moving on

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
2 Nights ago I lost my grandmother to old age and simultaneously broke up with (what basically was) my girlfriend. :frown: I am hurting pretty bad and need help and advice from those who care to help. I feel like I need to get out and do something but all my friends are out of town now and I am alone. I really want to go meet some new people who can get my mind away from this week so I can grow to move on. Any ideas of things I can do to meet new people in their 20's. I was thinking volunteer work with the community and church. I was thinking of youth groups as well. Any other Ideas...?

I am really hurting here so please do not respond with get past it already or any form of rude comments. I will report every one of them. :paddle:

gaede

Reset
Yep, that sucks but it's part of life man.

The volunteering sounds like a good idea to get out and help your community. Go do it :thumbsup:

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
Hey, I had to leave my girlfriend for college and I can somewhat sympathize with you. If you want to meet a lot of girls try a college campus, go to some college parties. If anything you could apply for a job at some local hot spot with a bunch of people but honestly at this point you should stay single for a bit and just hang out with your close friends.

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Sorry bout what happen bro if my car was in shape to be driven I wouldve came by EDH and we couldve chilled even though I am 17

conom06d

Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Thanks for everything guys. I know it takes time but why is it when you want time to fly it goes so slow and vice a versa.

any other ideas

Hey, I had to leave my girlfriend for college and I can somewhat sympathize with you. If you want to meet a lot of girls try a college campus, go to some college parties. If anything you could apply for a job at some local hot spot with a bunch of people but honestly at this point you should stay single for a bit and just hang out with your close friends.

yeah. I am tired of the whole college party thing and have come to realize those are the girls to try to stay away from. I will prolly stay single for a while but I just want to start to look so i dont fall in the trap of not approaching them cuz of nervousness. Plus...all of my close friends went to school or late vacations so i'm kinda stuck here alone on this one.

Sorry bout what happen bro if my car was in shape to be driven I wouldve came by EDH and we couldve chilled even though I am 17

any clue what it is that happened to your car? Was it the bolts? 17 or 30 i dont care. Lets chill sometime. Maybe a drive or something when urs is fixed. I know some good roads out where i am.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Car(s)
2010 4dr UG TDI HL
do what I do to clear my head. fill up the tank, ride to a golf course, hit a bucket of balls/play a round as a single.

conom06d

Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
do what I do to clear my head. fill up the tank, ride to a golf course, hit a bucket of balls/play a round as a single.

not a bad idea man. its been a while since ive gone and done that anyways

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
Thanks for everything guys. I know it takes time but why is it when you want time to fly it goes so slow and vice a versa.

any other ideas

yeah. I am tired of the whole college party thing and have come to realize those are the girls to try to stay away from. I will prolly stay single for a while but I just want to start to look so i dont fall in the trap of not approaching them cuz of nervousness. Plus...all of my close friends went to school or late vacations so i'm kinda stuck here alone on this one.

any clue what it is that happened to your car? Was it the bolts? 17 or 30 i dont care. Lets chill sometime. Maybe a drive or something when urs is fixed. I know some good roads out where i am.

I wish I knew, I dont think its the bolts and by the timeparts/installation is bought and done itll be a long time.

Definately we will chill sometime and yea I know theres alot of nice roads out where you are.

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
My condolences to you, man. Having lost my dad and been dumped a couple days later at one point in my own life, I know how hard life can get.

The two things I can think to suggest are, a) distract yourself to buy yourself some distance from your grief occasionally, but do it in a fashion that won't hurt you (avoid drinking, but watch some good movies, play some immersive video games, golf, etc.) and b) have faith. Things WILL get better over time, and that's an absolute promise. Been there, but life is great now, and I'm stronger for the experience! Hang in there!

conom06d

Car(s)
3 wheels and wings