GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Factory Twin Turbo GTI 'Pirelli'"

Androo

lolwut... ??
I cant beleive anyone beleives this crap. A GTI with a gallardo V10 in it? yeah right... twin turbo'd perelli... beleive it when i see it fly past me...

oh yeah, ummmm NSJ202 does that mean that the b4 is a girls car? seeing as that's what you drive... RICE

LOL @ B4.... the worst ever designed car produces and Subaru even knew it.

Look at the graph, 4000-4500rpm ... stock was like that and no tuner is able to fix it. The car pulls rather nicely to around 4000rpm then nothing and it will start to spool the bigger turbo and at 5000rpm is where the fun starts. Not a nice car to drive. I was thinking of buying one years back, thank god i didn't.

Scotty doesn't drive a B4... he has a 2.0FSI ...

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
I cant beleive anyone beleives this crap. A GTI with a gallardo V10 in it? yeah right... twin turbo'd perelli... beleive it when i see it fly past me...

Sorry Nah, but(s) my tongue was firmly in my cheek with my previous posts.
I know I should treat the forum with more respect, but I couldn't help myself.

I honestly thought no one would take a Gallardo engined GTI seriously, let alone a Mark NINE, or a super & turbo-ed Veyron engined GTI with an ELEVENTY speed DSG and standard BlueTooth.

You're 100% correct - believe it all only when we see it. Everything else (especially my posts :biggrin:) are just conjecture. :thumbsup:

TDI_DSG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK5
im surprised that no one has bought up the W12 powered golf that clarkson drove !

Androo

lolwut... ??
Well my BWA engine came with a K04 not a K03. :p

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
LOL @ B4.... the worst ever designed car produces and Subaru even knew it.

Look at the graph, 4000-4500rpm ... stock was like that and no tuner is able to fix it. The car pulls rather nicely to around 4000rpm then nothing and it will start to spool the bigger turbo and at 5000rpm is where the fun starts. Not a nice car to drive. I was thinking of buying one years back, thank god i didn't.

In reality when tuned and adjusted properly the changeover was only a few hundred rpm. With a boost controller you'd be making 14psi from just above 2000rpm through to about 3600rpm, then by 4000rpm you'd have the second turbo going and be up to 18psi. The gap isn't a tuning issue although you can lessen it slightly, its simply due to you having a pressurised system from the first turbo then you suddenly open a flap which gives a large increase in volume that has to be re-pressurised as the second turbo comes in. Look at the chart, the power drops at 4100rpm and is back to the same power again by 4500rpm. Trouble is if you don't know the car and thats where lots of people tend to shift gears around, then you constantly fall into that gap, if you know the car and have it set up correctly its not bad at all. Trust me, i had a twin turbo Legacy GT for two years and know lots of others as well via the RS Liberty club. Can also tell you that my car saw off plenty of WRXs, RS's and many other cars over the time i had it as well and had zero trouble keeping up with modified WRXs and RS LIbertys on hipo cruises and such.... and this was auto.

Androo

lolwut... ??
In reality when tuned and adjusted properly the changeover was only a few hundred rpm. With a boost controller you'd be making 14psi from just above 2000rpm through to about 3600rpm, then by 4000rpm you'd have the second turbo going and be up to 18psi. The gap isn't a tuning issue although you can lessen it slightly, its simply due to you having a pressurised system from the first turbo then you suddenly open a flap which gives a large increase in volume that has to be re-pressurised as the second turbo comes in. Look at the chart, the power drops at 4100rpm and is back to the same power again by 4500rpm. Trouble is if you don't know the car and thats where lots of people tend to shift gears around, then you constantly fall into that gap, if you know the car and have it set up correctly its not bad at all. Trust me, i had a twin turbo Legacy GT for two years and know lots of others as well via the RS Liberty club. Can also tell you that my car saw off plenty of WRXs, RS's and many other cars over the time i had it as well and had zero trouble keeping up with modified WRXs and RS LIbertys on hipo cruises and such.... and this was auto.

Auto ones didn't have the same problem as the manuals did as the torque converter helped a bit.

But i agree with what u have said above. I loved that shape of Liberty.

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
I think the auto made it harder actually cos its hard to drive aorund that VOD in an auto whereas manual you can use higher or lower gear as you please. Best thing i loved about mine... total sleeper, looks like the family wagon and then blows you away :biggrin: Needs a trans cooler if you're going to be silly and upgrade power and stall it up at the lights though... cos trans rebuilds are expensive trust me :frown:

BarneyBoy

...and it's only a 1.4?
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GT
Mind you, Ford are dumping a twin turbo four pot into the 'Coon soon, so anythings possible... :iono:

gokartgti

Garage Pics Updated
Note:(Will only work if you put on the FULLY sick voice inside your head)

oh my god that is like fully sick bro 15 twin turbo GTI thats like 30 turbos on the one car right..? but my cuzin right he works at the VW fucktory and he was saying how one day when they were doing renovations to his RX3 they actually fitted his Super Monster port Wankymajig engine into the new Polo GTI. In his words it was like faaaaaaaaark bro offf it head bro.

Im trying to find the YousTubes video for it i fink it got remoooved...

decksla

Ready to race!

TG.20T

Searching for bends...
I honestly thought no one would take a Gallardo engined GTI seriously, let alone a Mark NINE, or a super & turbo-ed Veyron engined GTI with an ELEVENTY speed DSG and standard BlueTooth.
:laughabove:
Sorry mate, you just weren't quite clear enough with your sarcasm there... I've seen at least 8 mark nines this week near my house, and all but one of them had the eleventy speed DSG (it has a special hyperdrive switch on the steering wheel).
If you'd mentioned something like 'reversing sensors' or these so-called 'heated seats', then we'd have known you were taking the piss. Think about it next time and lay off the subtelty yeah.
:thumbsup: