GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2010 Camaro SS Official STATS!

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
True but 111mph is still fast anyway you look at it.

But going slower than a previous generation and asking more money for it is not they way to do it.

But don't forget, this one has IRS, which is more expensive to built. Also the interior is much nicer, and it comes pretty well equip. Standard bluetooth, Boston acoustic sound system, 6 airbags, leather seating, Brembo brakes.

And I bet if you put on a nice set of tires this thing will out run the old one.

Last edited:

Colleton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 GTI w/DSG
The Camaro SS is the car I'm thinking of trading my GTI in on. I want one bad.

Midnight00SE

Mr. Othy
But don't forget, this one has IRS, which is more expensive to built. Also the interior is much nicer, and it comes pretty well equip. Standard bluetooth, Boston acoustic sound system, 6 airbags, leather seating, Brembo brakes.

And I bet if you put on a nice set of tires this thing will out run the old one.

Yes, it might have an IRS, but still grips like an ass with diarrhea.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI

okay, i'll give that to you, if you put tires on a new one, it will keep up with a 96 LT1 camaro.

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
okay, i'll give that to you, if you put tires on a new one, it will keep up with a 96 LT1 camaro.

Don't forget, going fast isn't the only thing, what about stopping? I don't recall last gen Camaro being able to stop in less the 110ft...(from 60mph). And for any car that's impressive, and especially impressive when it weight +-4000lb.

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
fairlady blow this new camaro up all you want, i doubt it will be as good of a car as an ls1 z28 or SS.

no i guarentee it wont.

fairladyz_gt-r

Go Kart Champion
fairlady blow this new camaro up all you want, i doubt it will be as good of a car as an ls1 z28 or SS.

no i guarentee it wont.

I don't know mate, I will test ride (i doubt my friend will lend me his Z28) my friends Z28, and then drive the new SS back to back. I will report back once I have done that.

PS: I doubt GM will still be around though...

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
This new Camaro has been getting amazing reviews from all the top car mag writers....Car & Driver, Motor Trend and Automobile !! and thats just from the V6 version of the car they drove !!! The Cyber Grey color looks amazing in RS trim !!!

GotGTI?

caus GTI is raycekor. :-|
regardless of older versions this thing looks hot as hell, i'd rock out with my cock out in this bitch, weight reduction, lower, suspension, lighter wheels, sticky tires, charged, n20. peace out. :burnrubber:

i fell in love with this car when it showed up with megan fox :drool: in transformers.

thegame

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 BLUE R32
ls1 trapped 12.9@112.

they actually went backwards.

I have had 7 LSX cars. Four LS1 F bodies an LS1 Corvette an LS6 Z06 and a LS3 vette. I have modded all my cars and dyno'd every single car and raced every car. That is certainly NOT a normal trap speed for a stock LS1 F body. That is 2001 C5 385hp Z06 territory. The 98-2002 LS1 F bodies generally made around 290-310rwhp and trapped anywhere from 104-108mph usually.

That time you described is either a factory freak or a car with some mods that the owner claimed was "stock" None the less trust me it is not the norm for those cars and to say the cars performance went backwards is simply not true. This new SS is certainly not a lot faster than the 4th gen cars but is it def not slower either.

Stanger in a GTI

Ready to race!
I have had 7 LSX cars. Four LS1 F bodies an LS1 Corvette an LS6 Z06 and a LS3 vette. I have modded all my cars and dyno'd every single car and raced every car. That is certainly NOT a normal trap speed for a stock LS1 F body. That is 2001 C5 385hp Z06 territory. The 98-2002 LS1 F bodies generally made around 290-310rwhp and trapped anywhere from 104-108mph usually.

That time you described is either a factory freak or a car with some mods that the owner claimed was "stock" None the less trust me it is not the norm for those cars and to say the cars performance went backwards is simply not true. This new SS is certainly not a lot faster than the 4th gen cars but is it def not slower either.

Agreed. Buddys 01 SS went 105-106 all day with several different drivers. 112 aint normal.

Agreed that the new one is quite piggish.