GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Calling all 17 year old golf owners

DubKing

Ready to race!
Calling all young golf owners

Alright, Im turning 17 very soon and was just interested in how much young people are paying on either the 1.4 or 1.6 and who they are with?
Cheers:thumbsup:

Last edited:

markyd

Ready to race!
I'm 18... (Got my Golf on my 18th birthday) And was paying £1100 for it. Fully comp, and it is a 1.4 57 reg worth about £9500. I was on Direct line. I also have 1 years no claims :D. However, I didn't tell them my modifications.

But... I have just looked on bell insurance who quote me £1250, and thats after telling them my modifications, and with it being lowered over 5cm. (Modifications - new 17" Monza alloys and 80% window tint on back three windows). So If I was you, I would try getting a quote on Bell insurance - very good quotes!

DubKing

Ready to race!
Well the difference is only £200 between the 1.4 and 1.6 so I thought I may as well get the 1.6. Direct line were £500 more expensive than churchill. I think they are going to be hard to beat.

DubKing

Ready to race!
I was searching for my new car yesterday and came across an 08 1.4 tsi 120bhp with 5000 on the clock 3dr black for £10000. I believe this is the one with the turbocharger. I thought I try a insurance quote but probably be to much. It was £2100 fully comp. I thought that was quite good considering im 17 and it does 122mph and 0-62 in 9.4 seconds. Has anybody got this car can they tell me what it like compared to the 1.6fsi? Which do you think is best? The mpg on the 1.4 tsi is 49 combined which is better than the 42 of the i.6fsi.

AxiaL

Passed Driver's Ed
why not get a gti ... youve clearly got intentions of going 100+ why not do it in a car thats engineered to without all the performance mods wich will f-up your insurance :iono: