GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynolicious turns iPhone into cheap performance meter

cplusONER

secret asian man
Car(s)
steel horse
well, it's pretty cool. I just put it between my legs, and make sure it's pointing straight ahead, and it was pretty accurate

problem is traffic, so I couldn't get a solid run. I put that I have 15% drivetrain loss in the setup, and it said I had peak HP of 260 so it's fairly accurate. Tonight driving to Indy airport at 330 am I'll get some good tests on it.

mmm.. so I guess placing it in my chest pocket on my shirt wouldnt work too well.. mmmm.. :frown:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
What will they think of next?

blackraven

he's a stuntman
Car(s)
2008 GTI
App crashes everytime I try to edit "My Ride"...don't spend a dime on it yet (apparently it's a beta, but the company decided to release it anyway).

LBKEN41

Too close for missiles...
Car(s)
2007 UG GTI 2-door
Someone in the comments section said this might work for the ipod touch...anyone know if that's true? I would think you would have to be in a WiFi area though for that to work.

App crashes everytime I try to edit "My Ride"...don't spend a dime on it yet (apparently it's a beta, but the company decided to release it anyway).

Thanks. I just went and upgraded to v2.0 and was reading through the comments about the app. guess i'll wait a little while. any idea of when the full version will be out?

Syxx Shotter

Has an "S" on his chest
I don't think this is a beta version. Everything is functioning fineon most peoples. The only thing wrong with mine is finding a spot for mounting it. I'll get a better test on it tomorrow morning when I get off base.

maxgtiturbo

Banned
I don't think this is a beta version. Everything is functioning fineon most peoples. The only thing wrong with mine is finding a spot for mounting it. I'll get a better test on it tomorrow morning when I get off base.

what i found as a good place is to wedge it between the seat cushion on the passenger seat like in the crevice between the ass cushion then the back cussion

xyouthx

slow ass car
The hardest part is finding an empty stretch of road to launch from a stand still. Atleast for me.

Kricket

v-dubber, once again...
New iPhone App: "Dynolicious Car Performance Meter"

check this out:

gizmodo.com said:
Dynolicious is an all-purpose automotive performance meter, utilizing the built-in accelerometer in the iPhone and iPod touch to record your driving characteristics. BunsenTech, the makers of the software, claim that it can record 0-60 times within .08 of a second, accurately estimate your current speed and monitor and record any directional G force. The system seeks to perform nearly every function of (much) more expensive dedicated monitoring units, which seems like an awfully tall order for a $12.99 piece of cellphone software.

Fortunately, bloggers more experienced with the dedicated units have dispelled fears that this app is a waste of money. Dynolicious can actually do what it claims, and presents its data in a useful and attractive way. Realtime speedometer graphing and skidpad display may not be much more than pretty toys, but a bevy of data analysis tools can properly process your driving after it's done. Entering your car's weight and estimated power even allows Dynolicious to fulfill its namesake, calculating actual wheel horsepower and drivetrain efficiency with surprising accuracy. Data is recorded for as many vehicles as you want, and car mods can be noted and taken into account over a course of multiple tests.

Some reviewers are scoffing at the $12.99 price, and others are pointing to the cheaper g-tac, though it only records straight-line performance and doesn't offer nearly as complete of a feature set. Perspective is important though, and considering the high cost of roughly comparable dedicated systems and the amount of money avid car tuners spend on their rides, the price is a veritable bargain. This is one of the most creative uses of the iPhone's hardware I've seen that actually delivers.

http://gizmodo.com/5030749/iphone-apps-we-like-dynolicious-car-performance-meter

that looks pretty spiffy - anyone care to test it out? give us a lil review?

EDIT - it would be cool if someone who's already run a 1/4 mile on the track could compare times from this app with their actual times..

I decided to get this morning. it's pretty cool. I just need a better stretch of road to try it on.

FIJIParisi

GO FINS!
Car(s)
'07 BMP GTI 6MT
reading about errors, etc... I am more tempted to download the SDK and try to build an app similar to this on my own... not that I'm a master programmer, but Steve makes it look so damn easy..

If you guys are interested in helping i would, of course, drop it to Cydia afterwards for public download...

I would need things like the formulas to calculate hp based on weight and 1/4 stats, as well as some more detailed info on this program and its specific features