GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A little help if you could

goannar32

I've watched this site with interest for a while and I know that the issues are generally performance related, but if anyone could assist with this.

I have recently placed an order for a Golf (for those interested a 3dr Blue R32 manual with sunroof) and my wife and I have had our first baby.

When I order the car checked out the room in the rear seat and that there are anchor points for a baby seat but I've recently realised that I didn't check the dimension between the front and rear seats so as to fit a rear facing baby seat. I know that this is a problem in some other cars.

Has anyone had to deal with this and has the seat fitted alright?

Thanks

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
there is a reasonable amount of space between the front seats and the rear seats so i am thinking that you should be fine and btw congrats on the two babies(kid and car)

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Can't speak with certainty, but there is definitely more room in the rear of the Mk5 than the Mk4, so my guess is you will be fine.

The only possible complication I can think of is you have optioned the Recaro race style seats???

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
I traded in my MCS for this very reason. You can rest easy, there is plenty of room for a rear facing baby seat - the MkV Golf has ample room between back and front! :thumbsup:
I would be more concerned about constantly getting the baby in and out of a 3dr! :laugh:

And BTW, welcome aboard goanna! :clap:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Although it was not an issue for me, I was impressed with the rear space in this car (I have the 3 door)

Not great, but there's a pic of the rear.

goannar32

Thanks everyone - my wife drives a Territory so that's the main car for shipping the baby and all the bits - I just needed to ensure that on the odd occassions that I picked her up that it'll all fit.

Now I have to buy her a racey seat to match the car!