GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TX GTI Meet

Travis

Ready to race!
Ok so I know a few of us are interested in a TX GTI meet first or second saturday of december. I was thinking we could do it in Houston, but if anyone has a better idea just let me know. I know some good places in Houston we could do it and if we could get atleast 10 people to show we could do a Dyno day, maybe grill some fajitas. Alf?

Lets try to get a list of peeps who would be down so I can see about a dyno day. Im sure theres a few EAG guys that wouldn't mind dynoing agian so i bet we could do this. Anyways, if your interested post up.

*UPDATE*
Ok I just got done talking to Chris at engine logics and the meet will be Saturday December 9th. 3 pulls on the dyno will be $50. He would like to get atleast 15 cars on the dyno. We will start it off at 8:00am and we can go all day. We'll get a grill setup and Alf has agreed to cook up some fajitas. We have had a dyno day here before and these guys are awsome hosts. Guys feel free to invite others to come and dyno cause we do need to get 15. If you don't wanna dyno then just come out and enjoy some great food and good company. This is an open invite. Everyone can talk to Alf if they want to contribute anything for food. If you plan on coming please post up.

This is the place.
http://www.enginelogics.com/

Ill go ahead and post up on the tex and the EAG website, this should be fun if we can get a decent turnout.

Last edited:

mkvgtiTX

TEXAS
i might be down. but Houston is a pretty far drive from Dallas for a small meet.
we'll see

vernsan

Ready to race!
I think I can be in for this,especially if it's going to be on the weekends. I was gonna say Austin but thats just as about same as driving to Houston.So Houston is fine, plus I can get through this damn break in that crazily believe in(ugh)

Travis

Ready to race!
i might be down. but Houston is a pretty far drive from Dallas for a small meet.
we'll see

Its not any further than Austin is it? Trust me Alf's fajitas are worth it and possible $50 dynos 3 pulls on a dyno dynamics. Im thinking engine logics alf, what you think? Ill give them a call tommorow and see if its possible.

Car(s)
09 GTI
i'm def down!

i got my downpipe today
and exhaust will be this weekend

so i need dyno numbers!

i can bring some food too if we need some.

mach5

you are next
I'm in. Probably won't do a dyno...unless I get revo'ed by then. I just don't have a lot of time recently to get these mods done, that on top of living in the middle of BFE doesn't really help either.

Alf, if you want, PM me with some items you will need for the grilling and I can take care of some stuff.

Travis

Ready to race!
I'm in. Probably won't do a dyno...unless I get revo'ed by then. I just don't have a lot of time recently to get these mods done, that on top of living in the middle of BFE doesn't really help either.

Alf, if you want, PM me with some items you will need for the grilling and I can take care of some stuff.

No problem, just come and hang out man.. it would be nice to get a stock GTI to dyno for comparison tho, maybe we can work something out.

Shifty

Pull it shave it paint it
Car(s)
2002 TDI New Beetle
I might be able to round up a couple Rabbits and a second GTI besides mine to roll down from OK - but it's quite a drive. What's the expected turnout for this?

mach5

you are next
No problem, just come and hang out man.. it would be nice to get a stock GTI to dyno for comparison tho, maybe we can work something out.

Didn't think about a stock car for comparisons. That's a good point. It would also kinda be cool to document my progress. I will think about it. I am a little low on cash, Christmas gifts and crap, and trying to save all extra $ for my car...sucks not having a job.

vernsan, if you want to keep your car stock, stay away from meets like this!! lol, j/k I'm totally stock (performance wise) and everyone is cool, it's just really tempting seeing all the others and not want to blow every last cent you have on car parts. Especially seeing/riding in Alf and Travis' cars. The meets are fun, getting to talk to people in person vs a forum is really cool, the info/feedback/experience you gain is well worth it, plus everyone is totally cool. You won't regret it if you come.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
were hoping to have a few cars come out, some of my evo buddies might join us for the AWD funness.

meets ares fucking awesome, the VW community here is just soo laid back.

mach5

you are next
I just realized that this is going down the second weekend of Dec.

I might be able to have some mods done by then. I need to get in touch with Wolf to see when he is available. I have my shocks and springs ready to go on and I am debating on doing revo now or later...that or wheels...maybe both. There is so much I want to do, I just don't know where to start, lol :iono:

edit: I also wanted to ask...anyone have a VAG-COM? If so, could you bring it please? I would like my DRL's turned off so that I can use my euro light switch. I would also like the remote window feature.

Last edited:

Travis

Ready to race!
I might be able to round up a couple Rabbits and a second GTI besides mine to roll down from OK - but it's quite a drive. What's the expected turnout for this?

Its looking like there will be quite a few people, It would be great if you guys could come down. :thumbsup: