GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stop service indicator message

ketchupfreak

Go Kart Champion
I got my oil changed....not at the dealership but when I was there buying an oil filter, the service guy said that I would have to pay 54 dollars to have them reset the indicator. WTF. Is everyone elses dealership not charging?? Im sure you can do this with vagcom but I dont have one.

918hare

Go Kart Champion
I got my oil changed....not at the dealership but when I was there buying an oil filter, the service guy said that I would have to pay 54 dollars to have them reset the indicator. WTF. Is everyone elses dealership not charging?? Im sure you can do this with vagcom but I dont have one.

1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display
2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.
3. Display will read "service now"
4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many miles/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
LMFAO 54 bux?!

searching for service indicator helped mucho.

heres my easy steps. im not all about these big words.

1.hold the 0.0
2. turn key to on
3. when service now comes on...
4. let go of 0.0 and push M once

alf

918hare

Go Kart Champion
:laughabove:

I like big words, and lots of typing.....but that was just a cut and paste from a search.........

Here it is again so you can enjoy the big words ALF

1. Keys out of ignition- press and hold in trip odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side of display
2. Still holding this button down, insert key into ignition and put to the on position without starting the car.
3. Display will read "service now"
4. let go of the "0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the display. this will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

You can confirm that the service reminder has been reset, or check how many miles/days remain until service at any time by taking key out of the ignition and holding in the trip reset "0.0" button for between 3 and 5 seconds. The MFD will display miles and hours until next service.

918hare

Go Kart Champion
teh big words tehy scare me.

Damn big words......

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
wow if they try screwing you that bad i wouldnt even get my car serviced there anymore...

hawc

Car(s)
2007 Porsche Cayman
1.hold the 0.0
2. turn key to on
3. when service now comes on...
4. let go of 0.0 and push M once

wish i'd known that when the service guys at the dealership forgot to reset it after I had it serviced there.

i drove back and sat with the guy while he plugged the VAGCOM in and reset it in about three minutes.

i guess he didn't even know the DIY step.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Got bored and came up with some big words of my own.

1. With the microchip programmable key out of steering column ignition receptacle- depress and retain in a constant static position the mileage odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side “in reference to looking out of the front windshield” of central display unit and guage cluster.
2. While still depressing this button down in the engaged position, insert the microchip programmable key into ignition receptacle and turn it clockwise to the on position but not to far as to engage the vehicular starter and engage the engine run sequence.
3. The central display will now read "service now"
4. Release pressure from the mileage counter button “0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the central display. This will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the central display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

placencia107

Ready to race!
Got bored and came up with some big words of my own.

1. With the microchip programmable key out of steering column ignition receptacle- depress and retain in a constant static position the mileage odometer reset button "0.0" on right hand side “in reference to looking out of the front windshield” of central display unit and guage cluster.
2. While still depressing this button down in the engaged position, insert the microchip programmable key into ignition receptacle and turn it clockwise to the on position but not to far as to engage the vehicular starter and engage the engine run sequence.
3. The central display will now read "service now"
4. Release pressure from the mileage counter button “0.0" button and depress the "m" button on the left hand side of the central display. This will re-set the service reminder. There is no confirmation on the central display other than the words "service now" will disappear.

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Sounds like someone was a little bored.:bellyroll: