GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EOI: Bris Meet Greet Eat Drive

isaw

Banned
I say its time to have a catch up again, get some food and find a nice little road to have a drive on.

Was thinking a after work meal somewhere like grilled and then a run through the mountains and back into town, day undecided maybe a Wednesday or Thursday in about 2-3 weeks.

Dates Locations destinations negotiable.

Post away if your keen :thumbsup:

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
if i can ride shotgun with someone!!

bj240z

I'm so keen it feels like i've gone already? But do we have to do it on a school night, I'm also a GC commuter, so if we can do something on a weekend it would be cool..

I was actually thinking about getting a show of force down to the Spit on a Sunday Arvo, and show those fucken bevans what a real car looks like. I thought it would be cool if we could get a dozen or so to come down.

sikx5

Ready to race!
I'm so keen it feels like i've gone already? But do we have to do it on a school night, I'm also a GC commuter, so if we can do something on a weekend it would be cool..

I was actually thinking about getting a show of force down to the Spit on a Sunday Arvo, and show those fucken bevans what a real car looks like. I thought it would be cool if we could get a dozen or so to come down.

Kinda gay & boring man, the spit idea. Lets go for a proper drive and enjoy our cars, that's what they were built for. :thumbsup:

isaw

Banned
Kinda gay & boring man, the spit idea. Lets go for a proper drive and enjoy our cars, that's what they were built for. :thumbsup:

agreed. any bogan can ttry adn run you on a highway, but a real driver settles the score in the mountains!

hmm, maybe a friday then when people dont have to work the next day? kinda limits the drive options as more people on the roads, but still doable.

and Byza, grilled = handburger place @ paddo/roaslie, tasty stuff man!

bj240z

I'm all up for a "real" drive, just wanted to do something that people wouldn't usually expect from us! So anywho...when are we doing this...I want to test my new sway bars!

bj240z

Guys...I'm thinking that either we're all really lazy, really busy or really busy at being lazy. I'm not sure which.

Having said that. Props to isaw for kicking this thread off, but I can't help but feel if we don't just make a time and a place, then it won't happen. I'm not going to hijack this thread, so feel free to do what you want, and I'll do my best to make it, what ever the format is.

I'm looking forward to a decent meet, and a decent drive!

BJ

isaw

Banned
Tomorrow afternoon. Drivers only need apply.

meet: BP The Gap 3pm.
route: up nebo to Jollys lookout, should be ample parking for a quick shoot, onto glorious, and then pit stop @ red cedar to drain excess fluid. return to mt glorious, back down via samford, and quick bite to eat at a nice cafe on the corner. for those on the sth side of things, you might want to continue west from red cedar and take the highway back from ipswich, but you can check that out yourselfs and make your own mind up.

Notes; This is a public road. there will be other cars, follow the law and dont ride their ass, most of the time they will pull over and let you pass.
Cops sit up here, I've seen it. the speed limit is more than enough fun for the majority of the drive. if you get a ticket dont blame me, the owner of the BP usually calls the cops and tells them people are coming as well. you have been warned.

We should be back in samford @ about 5.30-6pm.

This is the planned route

PM me for mobile...

isaw

Banned
What time you thinking, maybe 1.30ish?

Last edited:

isaw

Banned
another mate of mine with a mkv gti is coming, but hes not a member on here.. Heh, I need to bed my springs in so I'm going regardless