GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vs Ferrari F430

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
now im drivin on the highway with 4 freinds in the car.. and holy shit theres a fuckin ferrari on the highway.... i pull next to him. give his car a stare. he looked at my car and seemed impressed.. i signal the three honks of the horn.... and just before u can say holy shit.... hes prolly at 150... just to hear the engine roar made my day... i was pretty dam impressed with the gti.. as it got up to 120(with 4 people in the car) i realized i was goin to dam fast and i lost.. but now i can say i lost to a ferrari.:bow:

untchablecs

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure you would've smoked him if you didn't have any passengers in your car :wink:

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
There are a few exotics in my town, there is one Ford GT, 2 Lambos, and a couple Ferraris (one 360 and one Scallegeti(spelling)) I love seeing them around town because the police leave them alone and let them go crazy on some of the newly paved roads we got in town, its really fun to watch, ive even see a few of the police officers watching some illegal sprinting down side streets haha its funny to watch the police kinda not give a shit.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
sounds like you had a good time lol....wish all the cops were like that lol

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
There are a few exotics in my town, there is one Ford GT, 2 Lambos, and a couple Ferraris (one 360 and one Scallegeti(spelling)) I love seeing them around town because the police leave them alone and let them go crazy on some of the newly paved roads we got in town, its really fun to watch, ive even see a few of the police officers watching some illegal sprinting down side streets haha its funny to watch the police kinda not give a shit.

612 Scaglietti lol...exotics r everywhere down here in South Florida

TopGearNJ

Ready to race!
^^ Thank you for clearing up the spelling lol, yeah that car is very nice i like it more then the 360 in town, but the Ford GT is easily the most impressive, all that power out of a v8 :-D and the sound it makes is to die for

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
^^ Thank you for clearing up the spelling lol, yeah that car is very nice i like it more then the 360 in town, but the Ford GT is easily the most impressive, all that power out of a v8 :-D and the sound it makes is to die for

well, remember, the 360 modena is a V8

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
how many dragons have you heard...? lol jk.Ferrari has an entire department for the sound that is produced out of their engines, that is why it doesn't sound like the muscle V-8.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Wow, you live in Mount Prospect. Hmmm. I've seen 360 Modena's, F355's, a 512TR (no joke, paced him the entire way going on Rt 14 West from Crystal Lake to Woodstock), a gold Diablo, Conti GT, that very rare Lamborgini SUV (reminds me of a Hummer H1), and who knows what else. There are a ton of exotics in Woodstock area, but I would love to see an F430 in person. What color is it? My sister said she saw something that resembled a 360/F430, but I can't say for sure since I didn't see it.:frown:

Haggisman14

Cram V
Car(s)
CW 2 Door
Hey TopGear...maybe we can meet up w/those Exotics and have @ it with them...if it means the cops will leave us be!

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
Ferrari has an entire department for the sound that is produced out of their engines, that is why it doesn't sound like the muscle V-8.

Not quite... The exhaust design has alot to do with it, but it's mostly down to the fundamental design of the crank. Ferrari V8s use a "flat plane" crank design instead of the usual cross plane crank design found in most "muscle cars".

The cross plane design features the crank pins at 90 degrees to the previous one (resulting in a cross when viewed from one end). This gives good balance but requires very large counterweights, which has a number of knock-on effects, the primary one being greater rotating mass resulting in a lower rpm limit (but you get a slow V8 burble).

Flat plane cranks have the pins at 180 degrees and do not need the same heavy counter weights (but do need balance shafts). The lack of heavy counter weights means a freer revving and higher revving engine (and a little bit "rougher" too due to the imperfect balance, but flat plane designs are virtually only found in performance cars like the Ferraris, TVR (speed eight), etc...

This site might help explain it better than me...