GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Couple new toys came in today!

mach5

you are next
Some other stuff I ordered came in today, thanks 1stvwparts.

The carpet mats with the red stripe:

and the limited edition fast plate frame:

I don't know if I am going to be putting the plate frame on...I didn't realize it was chrome.

Snowborderz

I Drive DoggyStyle
i think the plate frame looks good myself

JoeyGTI

Touring Car Champion
Gret looking mats a little cheaper than thru the dealer. Are they black or dark grey ? In that pic they look more grey compared to the black carpet in the background ????

mach5

you are next
Gret looking mats a little cheaper than thru the dealer. Are they black or dark grey ? In that pic they look more grey compared to the black carpet in the background ????

They are black. It was dark outside and the flash on the camera I used is really bright, it doesn't really show the true colors. The red stripe is a little brither red than what is in the seats, but it still looks good.

Neon Guy

Tin Can Racer
Car(s)
1998 SPEC Neon
Aren't the license plate surrounds illegal in Texas?

mach5

you are next
Aren't the license plate surrounds illegal in Texas?

Certain styles, yes. If they cover the word "Texas" at the top then you can get ticketed. I think it's more of an excuse to pull you over, like no front plate, a bulb that is out etc. Car dealers have modified their frames since that law went into effect to be thinner on the top.

I looked again today in the daylight and the mats actually are a very tiny bit lighter than the carpet.

My plates came in today so I went ahead and put the frame on to see what it looks like. It doesn't look bad, infact it looks good...but I think it would look better in red. I'm just not that big of a fan of chrome. That might be a little weekend project some time soon.

JonGrace959

My Fast is Alive
Car(s)
2007 Speed 3
id rather not start a new thread on this but can someone photoshop the chrome licence plate holder and make it black.. and quite possibly put it on a candy white gti ?:bow:

mach5

you are next
This is what the plate looks like installed. If anyone that has photoshop wants to use this and make it black on a candy white for JonGrace959 this pic would be great..

and my euro switch came in from OEMPL.us. Install was being a bitch...until I looked up how to do it. Then it took all of 5 seconds, lol. I was trying to just pull out the old switch, I thought I had read to do that, and I ended up pulling it out two clicks. Like, first click for the front fogs and then another click like the euro switch has for the rear fogs, weird. I didn't know the US switch would do that. Now all I need is some VAG work done to turn off the DRL's.

Last edited: