GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hoen

mikegabriel

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI MKV
I'm posting this to let everyone here know about the great customer service I have had with Hoen and their lights. Great customer service is rare, and great customer service from California when I am in Canada is ever rarer.

I have had a pair of Hoen 9006 Xenonmatch Fogs installed in my car since around July. A few weeks back my passenger side bulb burnt out on my way to work. When I got home I did what anyone would do, re-seat the bulb but to no avail I swapped the stock one back in and it worked like a charm. One of my Hoen bulbs had given up. Shocked at the short lifespan of the bulb, I sent an email off to Hoen support. Included in that email I also stated that I was interested in also purchasing a matching set of H7 bulbs. The next day I got the following reply.

Mike, its covered for one year under warranty,

please submit the failed bulb only for inspection:

Address:

Hoen Returns
3191 Mainway Dr.
Los Alamitos, CA 90720

1. Please print this e-mail out as your RMA and include in the box
2. Be sure to note your order number clearly on this page for prompt
processing

If your looking at buying more bulbs we will credit back the shipping
charges as we will be shipping you a new 9006 anyways.

regards
Andreas

The weekend went by and I had the bulbs all packed up ready to be shipped off come Monday when the unexpected happened. Read the emails below for an explanation.

Hello Andreas,

Had an unfortunate night last night resulting in someone under the influence deciding it was necessary to kick the drivers side front fender of my car. Had to re-seat the lip and side markers this morning also found out that the remaining working hoen bulb was broken in their kick. Needless to say I wont be needing to send in the other bulb for any sort of RMA as the other one now has a broken coil in it.

Was wondering if there was anything you guys could do in ways of shipping? I am going to need another set of Xenonmatch 9006 fogs and I still want to get the matching H7s for my flash to pass lights. Again I live in Canada and I remember the order originally was $20 shipping to my door.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Mike, so sorry to hear about that, stresses me out to leave some of our
cars parked in LA because of this same reason.

Order away and we will refund shipping in full and take care of the
freight. We will also refund 50% of the 9006 order.

Great level of support from these guys. My new bulbs arrived today so I went outside and installed the brand new set of H7's and 9006's. Everything worked great. Set out to do my daily running around only to get a bulb out light about half an hour later. Ignoring it until I got home, checked it out. Drivers side fog light was burnt out again. Doing what anyone would do again, opened it up and went to re-seat the power connection when I heard rattling. The bulb had shattered into hundreds of pieces inside the housing.

I'll be the first to say that I am pretty unlucky when it comes to lights it seems. Semi frustrated at the fact that it had shattered, I fired another email off to order a new set as there was no way to prove it was a manufacturing error or damaged in shipping.

Hey Andreas,

Got my bulbs today, on my birthday to time everything perfectly. The installs went great and I went out to do my typical running around when I got a bulb out light. Sure enough, drivers side fog. Got home, pulled it all apart to find the bulb in thousands of pieces. Talk about bad luck with lights and me. So... All in all, I am going to need a third set of 9006 bulbs. Talk about frustrating haha. How would you like to proceed in the order?

Cheers,
Mike

Less than twenty minutes later I had the following replies.

Mike, new ones en route. is this the same side?

How much do I owe you guys?

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Nothing Mike, warranty. If its new we cover it.

So for the summary, I have never experienced this level of support. Maybe because I am in Canada and the shipping and exchange rate is over the top 90% of the time. It really makes me happy to see companies going the extra mile for customer service, that is the line of work I am in and it feels good to experience what I try and do every day.

For anyone looking to order new bulbs for their car, give Andreas a shout over at info@hoen-usa.com

06Rabbit

Ready to race!
I had a kinda similar experience like that. I had ordered their W5W bulbs for my city lights. About 3 weeks later, one of them had burnt out. I sent them an email regarding the situation, and literally, 3 days later, I received a package from Hoen containing a new set of the bulbs.

Great customer service!

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Totally agree, Hoen has hands down the best customer service. The whole staff is totally focused on the customer experience.