GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not Fair

GTI_Lawrence

I live in Canada and really want to get a GTI as my first car. Yesterday I received a quote from one of the dealers, it's a whopping 40851 CDN (including tax and everything) for a 2007 5dr, DSG, Leather Pkg, 17 rim and sunroof. Does this price even sound reasonable? Why do we canadians need to pay so much more than the US?

Can anyone confirm that the 2007 model right now has the launch control and lowered ride height? I know it has been asked many times, but I read somewhere it is week50 production change. Just want a definite answer. Thanks.

Delboy

Oval Newbie
I live in Canada and really want to get a GTI as my first car. Yesterday I received a quote from one of the dealers, it's a whopping 40851 CDN (including tax and everything) for a 2007 5dr, DSG, Leather Pkg, 17 rim and sunroof. Does this price even sound reasonable? Why do we canadians need to pay so much more than the US?

Can anyone confirm that the 2007 model right now has the launch control and lowered ride height? I know it has been asked many times, but I read somewhere it is week50 production change. Just want a definite answer. Thanks.

I'm not sure of the £ to $ exchange rate, but I bet it's less than the price of a UK car, and bear in mind the Country that makes the dam things is a lot closer to us Limeys.

gatorfast

man amongst boys
I agree with alf, I paid about $23,000 for my package2...36 grand is ridiculous

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
Whats the tax rate on new cars there? Regular list on a PK2 5 door is like 28k here before taxes, add about $1100k for taxes/tags

If you finance the full price plus taxes/tags ($29,100)with no down payment for 60mo at 7.0% (since you're obviously young and probably don't have a long credit history) that works out to like 575/mo, which after 60 mo is about 34k.

Now if thats 36k before financing... thats pretty shitty.

What were your payments going to be on the 36k price tag and for what term?

jaydub

Autocross Newbie
exactly.......Lawerence...don't forget that we pay way more tax than any state in the US. That alone will kill ya. Not to mention that we get screwed on everything!!! Ever try buying anything online from the States and having it shipped up here????? Forget it!!!

Although.....don't feel too bad. The British get pounded harder than we do....to the tune of almost double what we pay......That's gotta suck big hairy balls.

jaydub

Autocross Newbie
I paid just over $30 for my ride. With taxes and finance charges it came out to just under $39K. With $2,500 down I pay $488 a month for 5 years with a $13K buy out on my last payment. That's not too bad...Anything else that's half the fun to drive would have ended up costing me more anyhow.

It's only money..........