GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First time FAST

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
Well Guys & Galls...only had her two weeks and had to see how she handles the open road and as I needed to drive down to Cork today then this was the day. Clear blue skies...tad cold but set out @ 730am this morning from Dublin to Cork...bout 250km..

Sun was still rising as I left Dublin and hit the first motorway and just ten minutes later with the sun low beind me it appeared in front of me like a mirage.....my FAST...dark, big and mean looking :biggrin: so opened her up and boy did she perform. Great ting about Ireland is we are still building our major intercity road infrastructire so when you hit the motorways they are new, clean and perfect surface for driving...pushed her close the the 200mark and decided for the first time that this would do...dont wanna lose that license just yet.

Hit Cork at just after 10am which aint bad considering less than half is motorway and the rest old roads and a few small towns to crawl through. Amazing the attention you get on the open road though not to mention being a magnet for other "boy racers" :biggrin: and saw a 06 White MKV just outside of Cork and boy was it smart...got that knowing grin from the driver...pleased to meet you mister :thumbup:

Not long back and once again my FAST presented itself as I neared Dublin and the sun was setting...dam wish I had a camera :laughabove: I think a few more long trips will open her up as she is still very tight but then isnt a good woman always :eek:

Bit tired now but good day and looking forward to many more :evil:

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
It's neat hearing stories from you folks overseas. I was a freak about my first car like that, a white 1990 Civic Si. I can say that it didn't even come close to the feeling provided by the MkV Gti.

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
OK lads i now have closure on my MKIV.

Was lashing with rain here last night as it often does here so decided at 11pm to take it out and see how it handles in the wet. It rains a lot here so this is important to me. I headed south of the city towards the Wicklow mountains as we have recently built a new motorway and A class road south and on a sat night it was going to be quiet.

Conditions leaving the city were treachourus with nightime taxi/bus traffic all over and definetly not the place to be so down onto the M11 and out of the city. 10mins in and doing around 90kph. A few 4x4's flew past me and its then you know makes the difference between a formula one racer and yourself in conditions like this - that survival instinct.....5 mins later im up 120kpm and we are flying through it..my eyes have adjusted to the the cats eyes...the road suface is near enough perfect. 30mins into it and I aquaplane once...up off the throttle , down again and off she goes. I found myself hitting 135 a few times without realising it...reminds you of what its like to feel alive...that adrenalin rush and yet I finally felt safe so RIP MKIV.