GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Toureag V6

sledgod

Autocross Newbie
Ok, I pride myself on having taken on a few nice cars and won. I regularly beat Boxsters (more because their drivers seem scared when the noise gets louder) and outcornered a Nissan 350Z. Again the driver was maybe unused to the flying rabbit. i recently took on a Mini Cooper S on a 7 mile road near where I live that goes from sea level to 1300 metres in a series of excellent corners. I got to the top and was outside smoking my cigarette when the Mini puffed and smoked into the car park with one brake disc on fire. The Golf was slightly overheating but otherwise normal.

Anyway, tonight myself and a colleague are late for a Golf game in a city that is maybe 60 miles from the office. The roads are quiet, visibility is excellent and there is three lanes of bliss. We cranked it up and I couldn't get more than 230kmh out of my GTI. This was probably a true 200-210. The Touareg was very comfortably on my ass the whole way. The temp was about 42c outside. Has anyone else noticied the performance slow in high
temperatures? I think the Toe-rag is normally aspirated and without a turbo and the heat of the air must hurt the turbo.

ps in case you think I am a total maniac at 230kmh I was overtaken 5 times over the space of 30kms and once was by the police in their new BMW 540. I'm glad I never saw them coming until it was too later or i would have dumped my load.

damo

Oval Newbie
Cjeckert said:
we have a toureg v6 and let me tell you on the highway they fly, 0-60 they suck.
There is twin turbo V10 diesel Touareg with 230kw and 750nm of tourque id say that would get along nicely wouldn't it. wot do you think:iono:

Jibbly

Level 50 Ninja Pirate
Not out to jack the thread, but any idea on US release of the V10 Diesel Touareg? I think of all SUVs, the Touareg is one of the most incredible, I'd love to get some information about it.

GT0neX

NooB-Still Sucklin' Teat
:burnrubber: back from the dead....I accidentally took on a Touareg today as I was enjoying one of our many fine on-ramps onto the freeway today in socal (65-70 F temp). I guess the guy thought i was trying to race him (I was coming up from behind him) so he floored it and naturally i did too. I wan't exactly pulling on him hard but it was more like inching closer to him. I wasn't disappointed in my cars inability to catch up faster, but was rather impressed w/ the Touaregs performance. I don't know if it was a V6 or a V8 (I doubt the V10 has that kind of acceleration cuz of it's diesel nature:iono: ). We both let off at around 100mph and continued on our merry way. But man those things really fly! Oh and BTW I saw a V10 Touareg today at the dealer for MSRP of around 69K!!!:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:

damo

Oval Newbie
:burnrubber: back from the dead....I accidentally took on a Touareg today as I was enjoying one of our many fine on-ramps onto the freeway today in socal (65-70 F temp). I guess the guy thought i was trying to race him (I was coming up from behind him) so he floored it and naturally i did too. I wan't exactly pulling on him hard but it was more like inching closer to him. I wasn't disappointed in my cars inability to catch up faster, but was rather impressed w/ the Touaregs performance. I don't know if it was a V6 or a V8 (I doubt the V10 has that kind of acceleration cuz of it's diesel nature:iono: ). We both let off at around 100mph and continued on our merry way. But man those things really fly! Oh and BTW I saw a V10 Touareg today at the dealer for MSRP of around 69K!!!:eyebulge: :eyebulge: :eyebulge:
V10 is the quickest. 7 something to 60mph it got 310hp and 750nm this isnt slow thats for sure

Last edited:

MkVGTi07

Black Magic In Chicago
Car(s)
VW GTI 07'
Yea i saw a V10 Toureg at a dealer last week.