GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Body kits for MkV

ton32581tran

Ready to race!
Hey guys, any word on new body kits for the 07 GTI? I havent been able to find much of anything on the net. I'm close to just going to the dealership and just letting them do it, but is it worth it? ANd how much might it cost for labor? The kit is about $1400.

918hare

Go Kart Champion
Well, if you are having the kit added on when you buy the car, then yeah it is worth it. If you already bought your car and you want to it add it now it will be a lot more than $1400 because you will have to paint it and install. Check north american motorsports, they have lots of kits

ZeroSlash

Go Kart Newbie
Pretty sure that ABT or Reiger would be the best fitting kits for the MkV, but if you are also looking for something much more original Osir is good too.

Whafrodamus

Walnuts, bitch.
Car(s)
2010 MK6 GTI
Pretty sure that ABT or Reiger would be the best fitting kits for the MkV, but if you are also looking for something much more original Osir is good too.

Visually, you're right about ABT and Rieger... But rieger has been known to have some production flaws with their products. People have had some issues with installation. Osir is the same way. I haven't heard anything about ABT, but not many people have ABT kits installed.

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
ABT, Caractere, Rieger...they're all the most popular, but every now and then, people are gonna run into problems with fitment or something like that. Companies can make bad batches. The VW kit is typically not worth the money post purchase, but its a body kit, still an option. The kit thats probably most worth the money right now is Rieger. NA sells it for like 980 on sale, so not a bad route to go. Pick the one you think is the prettiest and save money if you cant afford it right off the bat. Its not worth buying something you dont completely like only because its the only one you could afford. Be good to your car and be happy with it.

blkmagic2006gti

cincyperformance.com
my dealership is charging me 1200 to paint and install my reiger kit. its the full front bumper not just the lip

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Thats expensive

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
id say 500 max to paint the kit, and 500 max to install it but DAMN do it urself... or find a friend...

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Seriously if you know a guy that works for like a collision shop or something along those lines, they can typically hook you up for dirt cheap. I would let your dealership do it last IMO.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
Sorry, I'll be sure to throw in the proper lingo next time. haha