GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OSIR front lip

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
Just installed mine today.

What a PAIN IN THE ASS.

First of all, there were no directions. Big minus for TTStuff. Second of all, the lip didint fit. There was a lot of cutting and knifing to get it to sit properly. Big minus for OSIR for such a crappy job. And third of all, the lip was just a tad too small (it bulges just a little from the sides). I managed to force it into submission but still, it could be better.

Ill post some pic's in the photo section once the whole deal is done.. still working on the Rieger side skirts. At least the directions NAM provided for them were excellent! Highly recommended. Although the skirts are a little too long (could be a more snug fit IMO).. anywhooo...

-Finn

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, the lip was tough. Granted it was my first mod to the car but I shouldnt need to spend the greater part of the day knifing this thing just to get it to fit.

Anyone else DIY install the OSIR front lip?

This might be one of those, "let the body shop take care of it" but I'm sure they would run into probs with this aswell.

-Finn

ps. the lip does look great on the car, its just the install that is a major pain.

Flying_Finn

Drag Race Newbie
scuderia, yup will do!

BTW, does anyone have experience in cutting fibre glass?

I woke up last night in a sort of a nightmare image. It came to me that after cutting the fibre glass, it needs to be sealed with paint etc or otherwise the fibreglass will suck up water/moisture etc, expand and eventually turn mushy? Am I totally off or is this a real concern??

Anyone with experience on that?

-Finn

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Here's mine:

(Already posted elsewhere but here is relevant to anyone searching OSIR front lip)

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
i gotta admit that is the nicest lip for the mkv imo osir makes some beautiful things

RedRobin

Going With The Flow....
Car(s)
Throbbin' Red VeeDub
Here's another view. Centre piece is carbon fibre. It looks more OEM than most of the other aftermarket front lips imo.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
Yeah that is really good looking!

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
What is the size of the lip? does it come down lower than the factory part it replaces?