GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1/4 mile times for a stock GTI at Denver altitude?

unpimped

Passed Driver's Ed
Just like the title says, guys. What does a stock GTI (DSG or manual) run in the 1/4 at about 6000 ft? Just curious as too how much time we're gaining compared to at sea level. Anyone have any first hand or second hand experience? Also interested in seeing times for stage 1 or stage 2 cars as well. Thanks!

MKV Turbo15

23psi and fast as fuck!
Car(s)
Jetta
I ran a 15.6 and 15.7 bone stock up here at bandimere. yea I know it really sucks. Stage 2's have been mid to upper 14's and stage 1's have been high 14's low 15's.

unpimped

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the responses, guys. For being so high up, I'm actually quite pleased to see times in the mid-15s. It seems most of the naturally aspirated cars here in Colorado Springs are losing a lot more power than us. I hung with a 300 hp 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra until we shut it down at around 70 mph (not a true race, btw).

bcze1

You people make me laugh
It seems most of the naturally aspirated cars here in Colorado Springs are losing a lot more power than us.

True. They both lose power, but NA motors lose a larger % than FI motors do. Assuming all other variables are kept constant, the general rule of thumb to estimate power loss with a NA engine is 3% loss per 1,000 feet elevation gain, while a FI motor is roughly half that %.

Of course that doesn't take barometric pressure, temp, humidity, etc into account.