GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mkv vs. Supercharged Tibiron

boostedvdub

Ready to race!
Raced 0-40 and 30-50
He was about a half car lenght off my back bumper for the 0-40 and just off my back bumper on the 30-50 run.
His car sounded awesome, we talked at the light, he asked if it was stock, and said he was really impressed. I had a passenger he was flying solo...

DubDriver17

Oval Newbie
_bT23 said:
Was it the V6 Tiburon?

No way it was the 6, with a supercharger he would have ass raped a stock GTI

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
DubDriver17 said:
No way it was the 6, with a supercharger he would have ass raped a stock GTI
it was a V6 supercharged. there. geezus. and no way you couldve won if it was supercharged.

plus, who races to 0-30 or 30-50MPH? im sorry but thats just not enough to prove anything, nor call it a race.

alf

boostedvdub

Ready to race!
alf said:
it was a V6 supercharged. there. geezus. and no way you couldve won if it was supercharged.

plus, who races to 0-30 or 30-50MPH? im sorry but thats just not enough to prove anything, nor call it a race.

alf

whhaaaa, why would i lie, and I have no idea if it was the v6, I could hear the charger, see the gauges and when I asked he affirmed my suspision. I did not think to ask if it was a v6 as I know nothing of the cars. As for the speed, I dont get stupid on public streets.

icculus

Oval Champion
Car(s)
M
yea but with him having it supercharged his power is immediate, he might of caught up to you above 80mph, but then again its still a ugly ass tibiron. So nice kill.

boostedvdub

Ready to race!
icculus said:
yea but with him having it supercharged his power is immediate, he might of caught up to you above 80mph, but then again its still a ugly ass tibiron. So nice kill.

You must remember that a 2.0t even though its turbo charged its power is damn close to immediate. very little lag.

gtboost

Drag Racing Champion
_bT23 said:
I thot the V6 made like 180 stock?
yes stock they make 180, but he said that is was supercharged. there are 2 s/c tiburons that go to meets around here and they are very fast and give stage2/3 srt's a run for their money

icculus

Oval Champion
Car(s)
M
boostedvdub said:
You must remember that a 2.0t even though its turbo charged its power is damn close to immediate. very little lag.

True, but its still not as immediate as a SC.

boostedvdub

Ready to race!
gtboost said:
and s/c v6 tibbys make close to 300 whp and weigh about the same as the mkv

never claimed that I knew it was a v6. Also you must remember that just because its supercharged doesnt mean 300whp. It depends on the tune, including pulley sizes. If I see him again Ill ask...

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
if it was a newer model, they don't make them w/ 4 bangers anymore..they're all V-6's and if it was supercharged, would've smoked u, but if what ur saying is tru, good kill.