GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs. Evo8 vs. STI

Accel

Rally Car Champion
I dont usually post these things, or brag about them, was pretty damn stupid of me, but I'm still fucking amped about it.

Coming home from the socal Sonics g2g last night I was on the freeway just crusing along, all of a sudden, a modded STI flys by me, so I drop it and catch up to him in traffic, as we are both waiting for a gap, an Evo8 flys up next to us, we all take off... the STI pulled on me slightly, but the EVO started falling back, we were flying in and out of traffic for about 5 minutes or so until my exit, man what a rush.

I realized as I pulled off the freeway that I left my AC on the whole time :mad:

Anyway, I love my car.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
07mkvgti said:
nice kill, what mods? and could u tell if the Sti and Evo were modded?

I didnt get a good enough look at the evo, he was behind me most of the time, the STI had exhaust for sure, nothing else was visible. It was night remind you, so I couldnt see too well.

I have APR 91 octane stage2 chip, GHL 3" turbo-back exhaust, and AEM 'true' CAI. Not to mention the 19" wheels that slow me down.

trevor

Southeast Forum Dictator
Car(s)
Subaru WRX STI
good kill/death

NEWLU

Drag Race Newbie
07_BM_GTI said:
good kill that could have resulted in death?

j/k that's pretty impressive that you kept up with an STI and even pulled on the EVO!

evo aint got nothing on us:laughabove:

dvsdimsum

Go Kart Champion
pretty damn stupid indeed. racing on the freeway, weaving through traffic? asking for an insurance nightmare.

evo going slow and not being stupid FTW. nice story, but please don't do it again.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
dvsdimsum said:
pretty damn stupid indeed. racing on the freeway, weaving through traffic? asking for an insurance nightmare.

evo going slow and not being stupid FTW. nice story, but please don't do it again.

No... acually he wasnt, also keep your preaching out of this subforum.

Golfmkv.com will not be held liable or responsible for any content posted in this forum. We do not condone street racing nor driving in a reckless manner. All content in this forum is for entertainment purposes only and considered to be fictional accounts.

Accel

Rally Car Champion
07_BM_GTI said:
this was a fictional story:bonk:

Of course :wink: I wouldnt do such a thing on public roads :wink: :wink: wouldn't want to get introuble :wink: :wink: or have my car impounded :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

ShangoAshe

Drag Racing Champion
did u do anything with your GTI?! i uno but either your a super driver or something... cuz i uno.. i always believed the STI and EVO VIII would be way faster then our FAST... no offense to our fellow owners... but stock GTI im not quite sure... power difference a lil great isn't it?! *confuzzled*

Accel

Rally Car Champion
ShangoAshe said:
did u do anything with your GTI?! i uno but either your a super driver or something... cuz i uno.. i always believed the STI and EVO VIII would be way faster then our FAST... no offense to our fellow owners... but stock GTI im not quite sure... power difference a lil great isn't it?! *confuzzled*

Not stock... APR 'stage2' chip, GHL 3" turbo-back exhaust, AEM CAI.

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
07_BM_GTI said:
by trap do you mean speed after the 1/4 mile?

If so...damn:eek: What would that speed be anyways?

evo's/sti's trap in the low 100's. both times ive been to the track, ive only trapped in the 93's and im chipped. maybe the apr exhaust when i get it will gain me 10mph. lol.

Last edited: