GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VS STi

BLACKMAGICGTI'06

Rally Car Champion
So coming home from work today, on the highway a blue STi decides he wants to race... i of course deny him a race on 3 occasions then got fed up and said ok. we slow to mid 3rd gear 40 or so mph and we go i pull on him through 5th and let off at about 135. he kinda hangs back for a bit won't get next to me so i am like "ok i beat an sti weird" he pulls up again for a 4th gear pull same deal i beat him 2 more times. after he lost 3 races we got off the highway stop at a light in traffic and he tells me about his spark plugs need to be re-gapped and needs an oil change (whatever) we compliment each others rides and go on our way. later on down the road we stop at a light no traffic. WE GO! he pulled about 1/2 carlength i started to reel him in and i missed 4th and went back to second engine screams at me tires are crying (3 seconds will make you cry at that rpm) and i just let him go.

NEWLU

Drag Race Newbie
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
So coming home from work today, on the highway a blue STi decides he wants to race... i of course deny him a race on 3 occasions then got fed up and said ok. we slow to mid 3rd gear 40 or so mph and we go i pull on him through 5th and let off at about 135. he kinda hangs back for a bit won't get next to me so i am like "ok i beat an sti weird" he pulls up again for a 4th gear pull same deal i beat him 2 more times. after he lost 3 races we got off the highway stop at a light in traffic and he tells me about his spark plugs need to be re-gapped and needs an oil change (whatever) we compliment each others rides and go on our way. later on down the road we stop at a light no traffic. WE GO! he pulled about 1/2 carlength i started to reel him in and i missed 4th and went back to second engine screams at me tires are crying (3 seconds will make you cry at that rpm) and i just let him go.

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT
nice kill:thumbup:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
DSG FTW!!!

anyways...Grats

Oscar

Touring Car Newbie
Congrats but that seems hard to do witht he sti putting 300 hp and awd he should have killed you or any GTI, maybe he was right that his plugs are done, or he just cudnt drive or he was toying with you.

But anyways you still won so Congrats

Cheers
Oscar

sniperviperman

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
none
i know that feeling, dropping from 6'th to 4'th gear, instead it went into 2'nd, mannnnn what does that engine scream and whine LOUD.. for only for a few milisecond when I already had the clutch pressed.

jerm5

69=dinner for 2
damn last time i heard someone going to the wrong gear bad things happened. infact im pretty sure it was a 350z that went to first instead of third and there was just some lovely smoke. much like in an f1 car when they die

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
STi has about a 30% drivetrain loss......

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:

that kid definately couldnt drive. even modded, the gti shoudlnt be able to beat an sti, maybe hang for a bit. but not beat it. my friend and i race all the time. we switch cars (myy gti, his sti), race our own. sti always wins.

good story though. :biggrin:

binky

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 Mazda MX-5
sorry but i'm gonna have to agree... gti has nowhere near the mod support to keep up with an STi. those cars trap low 13s stock. gonna have to call :bs:

Grey77

Go Kart Newbie
I totally believe him as I have beaten STis before too. (My car is chipped)This would not happen from first gear though ... because of our front wheel drives we're never going to get a good launch. In fact I believe that a 14 sec FWD car is just as fast as a 13 sec AWD/RWD car once on the go.

candy white gti

Autocross Champion
i dont think a gti can beat an sti, sorry. And if, by some weird chance you really did beat him, it's probably cause the kid could'nt drive. {candy white gti's "girlfriend":respekt:}